Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Instructor will provide quality ski/snowboard instruction to groups and individuals in a safe and fun manner while upholding all Colorado Skier Safety Act rules/regulations and Company guidelines.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied terrain in high altitude, with varying winter weather conditions.
- Clearly and accurately instructing assigned levels of skiing or snowboarding to students, both physically and verbally.
- Ensuring that students are matched to appropriate skier/snowboarding skill level and working with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary.
- Assisting guests with transportation of equipment and how to load and unload the chairlift.
- Communicating instructions and helping guests to their feet during a lesson; lifting children by the vest (if applicable).
- Supervising children in class at all times; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring return of children to identified guardian. (Childrens' Instructors Only)
- Assisting in operational responsibilities of School's programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities. (Childrens' Instructors Only)
- High School or Equivalent Education - required.
- Attend New Hire training sessions- required.
- PSIA/AASI Level 1, 2 or 3 certification- required.
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring - required.
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written)- required.
- Must have excellent guest service skills- required.
- Must have excellent communication skills- required.
- Must work well on a team- required.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment- required.
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions- required.
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends- required.
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring children - preferred.
- Experience working with guests of all ages - preferred.
- Previous ski/snowboard instructor experience - preferred.
- Knowledge of local area/resort - preferred.
? Please Note: Vail Resorts will also conduct criminal background checks for all candidates who have been offered a position in our Ski and Snowboard School.
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 219987