Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Food and Beverage Associate is responsible for ensuring that all guests have the highest quality Hotel experience possible. All team Members assist in maintaining a profitable multi dimensional department that is also environmentally responsible. All team hired will be crossed trained in banquets, In-Room Dining (IRD or Room Service Serving), Serving in the 9600 Kitchen, and our new Grab-and-Go station. This position is required to perform all food and beverage functions as business dictates.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Exhibits strong menu, beverage, and wine knowledge.
- Adheres to all state liquor laws, will serve guest alcohol safely and responsibly
- Ensures that all state health regulations are being adhered to
- Keeps the chefs and managers informed of any issues that might affect quality of service or timing.
- Completion of all side work as required.
- Performs additional responsibilities to help the Department and Hotel function efficiently.
- Able to multi-task and handle high volume service demands
- Adhere to all company standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures the timing and flow of service is correctly paced
- Handles all opening and closing duties required to operate the restaurant, including but not limited to ensuring that all stocking is done, tables are properly set, the dining room is clean, break down and set up of buffets, resets of dining space
- Communicates all necessary and important information with the Food and Beverage Management Team
- Understand our guests preferences and how to best serve and cater to the needs and preferences
- Learn and become proficient using our Point of Sale System
- Proficiency (fluent) in reading and communicating in English
- Second language is preferred, especially Spanish
- Current certification in a nationally recognized program concerning service of alcohol or able to be obtained upon being hired, TIPS preferred
- Certification from the state Professional Food Handler Program or able to be obtained upon being hired
- Ability to be on ones feet for prolong periods (6 hours or more)
- Willing to work weekends, holidays, early mornings and or late evenings.
- At least 18 years of age
- High school degree or GED
- Minimum of one year experience as a server, Serving experience in an upscale restaurant - preferred
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Previous knowledge of touch screen POS systems preferred
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Able to work in an environment with changing temperatures, going from hot to cold, cold to hot, sun to rain/snow
- Understand and learn menus, also be able to identify and communicate to the kitchen concerning food sensitivities and allergies
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 193949