Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw and expansive…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
No transportation? Don't want to make the drive? No problem! We have an employee shuttle that runs EVERYDAY from South Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood, free of cost! We encourage all employees who don't want to make the commute themselves to jump on the shuttle, sit back and relax, on their way to work!
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Skill Level: Advanced
Starting Wage: As of October 2022, all minimum wages will be $20 an hour.
Shift Availability: Full & Part Time
Housing: Accepting Applications
The Advanced Product Sales Agent for Kirkwood Skier Services will work to sell lessons and other products through our Ski and Ride School. This position requires excellent, pro-active, outgoing customer service and sales skills, high level of computer input for guest information, and above average attention to detail. Sales Agents work to sell and up sell all Ski & Ride School products while helping guests to determine which lessons will best benefit them. Be able to process Advanced Reservation packets for the next day’s guest, quickly and efficiently.
- Provide above and beyond Guest Service while maintaining attention to detail in a fast-passed, vibrant environment.
- Selling/up selling all Ski School Lessons from pre-bookings to in-person, walk-up guests
- Handing out of pre-formed reservations for daily guests
- Process sales in Resort Point of Sale system; provide other tracking in various computer software systems. Gathering and inputting of all customer information in our computer system
- Collecting and checking release of liabilities for each guest within the Ski & Ride School
- Compiling of all passes/tickets/lesson report cards, with explanation of each, to the guests
- Directing guest in their next steps in the Ski & Ride School process (rentals, lockers, retail stores, lesson meeting areas etc.)
- Direct guest around the resort and answer guest questions on all resort activities. Communicate clearly and precisely, helping guests to understand all directions.
- Processing reservation packets for the next day, from advanced bookings. Organizing each guest’s packet to include release forms, lift tickets, lesson tickets, rental voucher, and report cards.
- SRS Sales Agents are required to arrive to work on time, at various mountain locations.
- Positive, proactive work ethic and a desire to sell/up sell Ski and Ride School Products.
- Ability to work on a team and maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to speak, read, and communicate in English.
- Must have a firm grasp of computer data entry/sales
- Must enjoy working directly with guests for a majority of the day.
- Ability to learn and retain a large product inventory.
- Ability to learn new computer software systems.
- Must be able to arrive to various location around the resort on time, regardless of weather conditions
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software systems.
- Be able to work quickly and efficiently on a task oriented job for a portion of the day
- High School Diploma or GED- required.
- Must be 18 years or older.
Work Schedule: Sales agents will work a 4-5 day work week depending on business volume, all work shift start at 7:30am on weekend and holiday times and 8:00am non holiday times. Work hours fluctuate based on business volume average work hours are 3-8 hours per day, peak periods will be more. All staff is required to work all holidays and weekends, which includes 2-3 weeks around each holiday: Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, Presidents, MLK, Easter, school spring breaks.
A few part time positions will be considered. Part time work will be 2-3 days a week, 3-7 hours per day, holidays and weekends are required and work hours will increase.
What’s in it for you?
- Free EPIC Pass to all of our resorts
- Discounted coupons for friends and family
- Shuttle bus from S. Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood
- Discount with select industry manufactures
- Food and beverage discounts at mountain dining locations
- Retail discounts at Vail Resorts Retail stores
- 10-25% off at our Starbucks locations
- Unique events! Including concerts, employee meals, employee activities, pro competitions!
- On site medical clinic with benefits for employees
- Job Share opportunities to work more hours if needed
- Carpool Incentive program
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 444348