Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Full and Part Time positions for PSIA/AASI certified instructors are available for the Winter Season! Positions are available in bothChildren’s and Adult’s Ski and Snowboard School. The Instructor will provide quality ski instruction to groups and individuals in a safe and fun manner.
while upholding Company guidelines.
- Work is either full-time or part-time
- Responsible for delivering group and private lessons in a safe and positive environment, completing any progress reports required
- Responsible for teaching group and private lessons
- Willingness to work with lesson participants aged 7 and up and when asked children between the ages of 3 and 7
- Help to serve and supervise children’s lunches where required
- Provide resort information to guests as needed or seek further assistance from other members of staff to do so
- Attend both on-snow and off-snow clinics for professional improvement
- Attend department meetings as requested
- Perform other functions that may be requested by a supervisor, manager or director
- PSIA/AASI instructor certification or equivalent
- Caring and sensitive attitude towards guests
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible in response to changing class assignments and working in a fast paced environment
- Posses adequate competency in whatever snow sport they wish to teach (skiing or snowboarding)
- May require the ability to teach moguls, racing or cross training, i.e. skiing vs. snowboarding
- Ability to ski or snowboard at an intermediate level or above and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift beginner, adult and child skiers/snowboarders to their feet (heavy lifting)
- Must maintain strong personal appearance standards
- Ability to work in all types of weather
- High School or equivalent or currently attending an educational institution
At Okemo, we’ve got 2,200 vertical feet of positive outlook and it shows. Culture is what we teach. And service with a smile is the linchpin of our philosophy. Every interaction with our guests-on and off the mountain, at the golf courses, Adventure Zone and at the Evolution Bike Park, is an opportunity to turn a skier, rider, golfer, or recreational enthusiast into a lifelong member of our family. Our employees reflect this attitude by having fun doing what they do best: creating a memorable recreational experience! www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 314047