Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Job Classification: Year Round
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail, CO USA
The Lift Operations Assistant Manager will directly oversee all aspects of the Lift Operations department: safety awareness, standards compliance, guest service. This person will help develop and carry out company and department goals to the lift operations leadership group and staff. The Assistant Manager will establish and maintain close working relationships with; Lift maintenance, ski patrol, VMD, ski school, and fostering good working relationships with all other Vail departments.
- Assist in preparation in department budgets, monitoring staffing levels, and efficient resource management.
- Oversee Supervisors and Training to operate within all applicable codes and standards: C.P.T.S.B., ANSI, OSHA, and USFS.
- Work with the Manager in leading the lift operations management team through the development and implementation of all necessary department programs to provide for: staffing, training, safety, goal setting, employee performance and discipline, employee retention and incentive, payroll, work comp., code compliance and record keeping.
- Participate with Mountain Operations leadership group.
- Resolve guest complaints/issues.
- Resolve employee issues.
- Hire the lift operations supervisory group.
- Work with the manager in completion of employee performance evaluations on lift operations supervisory group.
- Participate with Health and Safety departments to develop uniform policies and safety initiatives.
- Interact with all other Vail and corporate departments as it pertains to lift operations.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Supervisory or managerial experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, PeopleSoft
- Fluent in English written and verbal
- Skilled skier or rider
- Mountain operations experience in a supervisory or managerial role
- Lift Maintenance experience
- Experience in creating training programs and instructional manuals
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 223468