Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
Do you have experience working in maintenance? Are you interested in working and living in Grand Teton National Park? Are you looking for an Experience of a Lifetime? If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, this position is great for you!
The Lead Maintenance Tech maintains and repairs mechanical equipment at Jackson Lake Lodge, Colter Bay Village, and Jenny Lake Lodge. This position is able to perform advanced tasks on boiler equipment, electric motors, refrigeration & heating equipment, commercial laundry equipment, food service equipment, ect.
Summary of Job:
You are expected to adhere to the company’s mission, vision and value statements. Be knowledgeable of the company’s management systems, policies and initiatives for Hospitality, Environmental, and Health and Safety. You have specific responsibilities within these areas and are expected to understand them. Maintains and repairs mechanical equipment at Jackson Lake Lodge, Colter Bay Village, and Jenny Lake Lodge. Able to perform advanced tasks on boiler equipment, electric motors, refrigeration & heating equipment, commercial laundry equipment, food service equipment, ect.
Essential Job Duties:
- Perform advanced skilled crafts in one or more specialties such as electrical, plumbing, boiler work, electrical motor repair, welding, carpentry, engine rebuilding, ect.
- Does various refrigeration, plumbing, heating & cooling related duties, assists in purchasing, installation, repair and maintenance of various fixtures, performs welding and metal fabrication, diagnoses and repairs electric ignition systems for heaters, furnaces, hot water heaters, commercial laundry equipment, ect
- Responsible for opening and closing procedures for mechanical equipment
- Requires working some evening shifts. (4:00 p.m. to 12:00 midnight)
- Must clean up your job site and work area when finished with the assigned task.
- Every Maintenance Department staff member will be assigned other technical work within the department when maintenance crisis occur with the company or work in their particular technical field is temporarily or permanently reduced. This job summary is intended as a guide, it is not an all inclusive job description.
- All employees will actively participate in training, observe company policies and procedures, and promote all company values relative to protecting the natural environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/ GED
- 4 years’ experience with mechanical equipment
- Possess valid driver's license, Successful completion of MVR
- Basic MS Office
- Capable of handling moderately strenuous activity
- Must have good organizational skills and possess initiative
- Have good communication/people skills
- Ability to assemble and disassemble various types of domestic and commercial type washing machines and dryers, electrical experience, plumbing experience, ect.
- The ability to troubleshoot moderately complex mechanical equipment
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 336429