Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Starting Wage: $17.00
- Effective October 2022 minimum wage will be increased to $20/hour.
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time
- Skill Level: Team Lead
It takes world class snow to support a world class resort. As a Snowmaking Team Lead, you will bring your previous snowmaking experience to the position while assisting with laying the groundwork for another epic ski season. You will be striving for quality, safety, and efficiency to ensure an exceptional experience for our employees and guests. The Team Lead will assist with day-to-day operations in the safe production of an optimal snow surface, and will work as a team member while supervising and leading other snowmakers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Direct the crew lead and conduct proper employee management
- Conduct performance evaluations on snowmakers
- Complete all proper documentation, hiring paperwork, vehicle testing, MVR checks
- Works as a team with the Grooming Manager and other departments to ensure the production of a high quality product
- Major responsibility will be the control and accountability for appropriate inventories of spare parts and supplies
- Operate a variety of construction equipment including backhoe, forklift, oxyacetylene welding torch, welding machine, pipe threaded, hand tools and other related tools in order to complete maintenance and repair duties
- Perform pipefitting and plumbing by cutting, threading and welding pipe
- Proper hiring and training of employees
- Working with the Snowmaking Manger on summer capital budgets and plans
- Managing of Capital projects when necessary
- Work with vendors on up to date equipment for the snowmaking department
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor with daily tasks and maintenance work
- Troubleshoot any issues that may arise throughout the shift, (i.e. when pumps or compressors go down)
- Other duties if assigned
- Must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable MRV record (MVR check will be required before starting work)
- Must have at least five seasons of experience in snowmaking
- Must be able to work the night shift during the production season
- Must be knowledgeable of basic mechanical equipment, electronic drive systems and controls
- Must have knowledge of the operations of snowmaking pumps, compressors and after cooler units
- Must be able to hike rugged terrain at altitude in all mountain weather conditions
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office Systems (Excel, Outlook Word, Office)
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to work without supervision
- Must have previous supervisory experience
- Must be able to work outside in physically demanding winter conditions of any kind during 12 hour shifts
- Must be able to clearly read, write and communicate in English
- Must be able to lift, pull, or drag 75lbs and stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to work weekend, holiday and overnight shifts
The budgeted range starts at $17. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 436669