Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Update: Year Round
Job Classification: Full-Time
Job Location: Broomfield, CO
The General Ledger Manager will be an integral part of the month end, quarter-end, and year-end close processes. Areas of responsibilities include journal entry preparation, review and approval of journal entries prepared by other finance and accounting individuals, balance sheet account reconciliation and fluctuation analysis, sales and use tax compliance, unclaimed property escheatments, and daily support of treasury functions. The General Ledger Manager will ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal controls. The General Ledger team ensures compliance to SOX requirements in oversight of key controls and preparation of quarterly EUC’s. Additionally, the General Ledger team facilitates user training on the PeopleSoft Financial system, reconciliation and journal entry policies, and all matters relating to close. Acquisition integration support, system enhancement projects, special projects, and additional ad hoc reporting and analysis as requested. The General Ledger team interfaces with management and various departments, including IT, Legal, Payroll, Finance, Treasury, Procurement, other departments within accounting and Shared Services.
- Key role in month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close management for the entire accounting/finance organization
- Journal entry preparation, and comprehensive review and approval of journals prepared by others in the finance organization
- Balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis of balance fluctuations
- Ensure compliance with key SOX requirements for accounting organization
- Train and support accounting/finance users on the PeopleSoft Financial ERP, OnBase record retention software, and T-Recs reconciliation system
- Perform and review monthly sales/use tax compliance, including researching jurisdictional taxability requirements, as needed
- Team lead in cross-functional projects including acquisition integrations, system upgrades, and special projects
- Management responsibilities for 3-5 General Ledger staff accountants
- Focus on ongoing process improvement, making recommendations and leading initiatives to improve efficiency across accounting/finance organization
- Active participation in driving results to meet individual, team, and department objectives
- Strong accounting/finance knowledge, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 4 + years progress accounting experience
- Intermediate to strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Self-starter with a drive for excellence, ability to build strong working relationships, and a proven ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 209432