Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
This management position is the Front of House Lead to the Bighorn Bistro & Bar with primary focus on the success of Keystone Lodge dining operations. Located inside the Keystone Lodge & Spa, this bustling restaurant is the primary dining location in the Keystone Lakeside Village. The Bighorn Bistro offers an elevated dining experience with a variety of items to satisfy all, serving après, happy hour, dinner, and in room dining service for Lodge guests. Our dining room offers beautiful view of Keystone Lake, the Continental Divide and surrounding peaks, as well as a cozy lounge to relax after a long day on the slopes.
· Lead and develop a team of food & beverage professionals to deliver consistent service excellence across all areas of responsibility.
· Guide and support all facets of the operation to insure that an “experience of a lifetime” is delivered to each and every guest.
· Be passionate about the hospitality industry and when necessary, lead change to keep the operation competitive in the market and current with industry trends in an effort to exceed guest expectations.
· Exhibit keen financial acumen, proactive planning and strategic marketing of the Bighorn Bistro & Bar programming to drive profitability
· Inspire your team to have a desire to be the best at what they do both individually and as a collective
· Collaborate with other resort leaders to align the outlets of responsibility with Keystone and Vail Resorts direction and initiatives
· Actively participate in resort and F&B leadership meetings
· Develop and empower fellow members of Bighorn Bistro team
· Operate business in a manner to perform to or exceed budgeted margins.
· Work independently or as a member of a team to meet or exceed established goals and deadlines
· Adhere to and enforce all company policy, procedure and guidelines.
· Insure that all reporting requirements for the entire operation are submitted ahead of the deadline
· Enroll the operation, yourself, staff and resources in the participation of resort and local festivals/ events to enhance the value of the event, increase attendance and market the Bighorn Bistro and Keystone Lodge.
· Other duties as assigned or as business grows / develops.
Required Skills and Experience:
· College degree or equivalent work experience
· Minimum 1 years in a management/supervisor role
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in upscale restaurant concept operations
· Minimum 1 year experience with maintaining restaurant reservation management systems
· Computer proficient
· Communicate easily and fluently in English
· Communicate easily in Spanish - preferred
· Willingness to work holidays and weekends as necessary
· Experience with all Microsoft office software applications, InfoGenesis, - strongly preferred
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and boundless options for adventure and exploration, you can join a community who loves where they live and loves what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home; a place where friendliness, an eye for detail and unmatched guest service is the foundation of our Culture. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 211708