Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Are you an experienced Leader? Do you love working in a retail environment? Do you strive to always offer the best customer service experience possible? Are you interested in working and living in Grand Teton National Park? Are you looking for an Experience of a Lifetime? If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, this position is great for you!
The Gift Shop Retail Store Manager is based at Jackson Lake Lodge. This position will report to the year round retail management staff, and is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the retail store including: stocking, merchandising, end of day reporting, organization, and cleaning. The Retail Manager is additionally responsible for management of store employees including: scheduling, communication of company and area events, performance improvement, and training. This individual will ensure employees observe their job duties and will provide a fun, motivated, and customer focused environment.
The “must haves” for this position include:
- Prior management experience in a customer focused environment or comparative experience
- Ability to communicate, motivate, and direct store employees
- Experience with point of sale
- Flexible availability during the operating season
- Knowledge of windows based programs including Excel, Word, etc.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
We prefer that you additionally have the following skills / experience, but it is not required:
- Prior retail management experience
- Knowledge of retail cash handling and end of day processes
- Experience in a resort/lodging environment or employment with a national park service concessionaire
What’s In It For You?
- FREE National Park Pass to Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park
- FREE kayak and boat rentals, 200 miles of hiking trails and THE greatest perk ever – living in one of the most picturesque national parks!
- $100/week "Room & Board" fee which covers 3 meals/day in the employee cafeteria, housing (single room occupancy), linens and all utilities
- Complimentary WiFi
Before you apply, visit http://www.gtlc.com/employment for detailed information about housing and other information you will find helpful.
Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 302908