Create incredible experiences for guests at the Midwest’s premier winter destination. In the scenic St. Croix River Valley, this big-time resort with a small town feel has converted thousands of first-timers into lifelong skiers and riders. This truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too. Become part of the Afton Alps family. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The Team Lead heads a team of instructors, and if applicable, staff and coordinators to execute successful daily line ups and lessons within one of our multiple programs (Youth Group Lessons, Adult Group Lessons, Private Lessons, Seasonal Programs etc.). Team Leads are assigned to a program based on availability, experience and qualifications.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Previous leadership experience preferred
- Minimum PSIA or AASI Level 1 certification highly desired
- Experience instructing children and adults in skiing and/or snowboarding
- Highly organized and have the ability to remain calm and courteous under pressure
- Strong communication, motivational, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Must demonstrate the ability to follow, train, and enforce specific departmental procedures
- Must be positive, energetic, and upbeat with the ability to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Contemporary ski or snowboard equipment and helmet a must
- Employment in this position is subject to a satisfactory background screening
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays throughout the winter season, and understand the dynamics of a seasonal business
- Be a proponent of Vail Resorts vision, mission and values, and actively participate in helping to maintain a culture of excellence, equality and collaboration within the department.
- Coordinate daily lesson logistics including assisting to build class lists, assigning classes to instructors, delivering information at the meeting at line-ups and facilitating an active warm up.
- Keep an accurate recording of instructor and staff hours, student counts and lesson levels.
- Report any and all safety concerns or incidents and assist with analysis of incidents and the development of action plans.
- Manage the consistent setup of all teaching and line-up areas.
- Assist in managing the Ski & Snowboard School facilities to keep a high level of cleanliness of all facilities including the locker room, bathrooms and storage locations.
- Identify areas where additional training or resources could improve the customer or employee experience both on- and off-snow.
- Hold self and staff accountable to guest service standards, policies and procedures as laid out in the Ski & Snowboard School Resources and the Stevens Pass Employee Handbook.
- Report teaching area grooming needs and requests as they arise.
- Fill-in for other Team Leads, Supervisors or coordinators as assigned by Manager.
- Attend and participate in regular meetings and trainings of the leadership team.
- Assist with program specific needs such as facilitating lunches or managing rental equipment as assigned.
- Be prepared and willing to teach any ski or snowboard school class of any age as necessary.
- Perform other tasks as requested by department Managers, Supervisors and the Senior Management Team.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger/handle or feel, stoop/kneel/crouch or crawl, and reach with hands and arms.
- Sometimes the employee is required to climb or balance.
- The employee will need to be able to lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Assist fallen students in getting up and maintaining balance.
- Must have good close vision, distance vision, night vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Wil be required to walk and balance in wet, icy, and uneven footing.
- Ability to perform the duties of this job in all weather conditions.
- Must possess the ability to walk on uneven surfaces, and/or snow and ice covered services, stairs, and/or ladders.
- Must have the ability to tolerate exposure to work in all weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be loud on occasion.
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 338873