Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
- Work as a positive and dynamic teammate.
- Be comfortable selling and pairing wine, beer, and spirits with different courses
- Solicit food and beverage orders from customers
- Serve meals in a friendly and timely manner.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Expected to have full knowledge of the menu and all beverage offerings within 14 days of hire.
- Expected to assist in all three restaurant operations at the Outpost, beyond wait staff duties.
- Complete side work, cleaning, shift set-up and break-down tasks in a timely manner.
- Provide highest levels of table service and hospitality.
- One year wait staff experience in a full service restaurant.
- Possess excellent communication skills, be able to function effectively as part of a team, and take direction from supervisors and co-workers.
- Self-motivated & detail-oriented
- Must be able to carry a tray (up to 30 lbs) and tray jack
- General knowledge of wines/beer/spirits. - required
- English - Fluent written and spoken
- TIPS certification will be required within 30 days of hire, classes are provided.
- Certified Slip Resistant shoes are required prior to starting work. Shoes must be provided by the employee.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand and move at a fast pace through the duration of a full 8 hour shift
- No issue with getting to work via two gondolas.
- Ability to work 11/28-4/17, must be able to work the following dates…
- 11/27-28 (Thanksgiving)
- 12/21-1/4 (Holiday Stretch)
- 1/18-20 (MLK weekend)
- 2/14-16 (presidents day weekend)
- 3/4-14 (Spring Beak)
The Outpost Restaurants are located at 11,440 feet on the North Peak Mountain, the second mountain “back” at Keystone. Access to this location during the winter months is solely by double gondola/chairlift ride. This is an unpaid commute to a remote location, and operations at this location are subject to weather delays and cancellations. There is generally no compensation for cancelled shifts. As this is a remote location and subject to weather events, evacuation and delays are possible. Employees may be required to leave the building via snow cat, snowmobile, or other transportation methods. Skiing/riding is *not* required to vacate the building. Medical and fire help are located nearby, but response times may vary depending on weather and other incidents occurring around the mountain.
Der Fondue Chessel provides a four-course interactive dining experience in a magical mountaintop setting. Servers will be facilitating a fun and unique destination dining experience in a setting akin to a Bavarian beer hall. Guiding guests through this interactive fondue dining experience, working with a partner and team, Bavarian inspired uniforms, a soundscape provided by our roaming polka band, and transitioning the dining room from a food court to a fondue restaurant makes this work experience quite unique and memorable. Der Fondue Chessel specializes in accommodating group dinning. Prost!
Alpenglow Stube provides a contemporary, approachable, fine casual dining experience. Servers need to be sincerer and genuine with a desire to provide honest hospitality. Our one-of-a-kind dining room and Chef’s tables reflects an array of diverse influences with seasonal menus. The Alpenglow Stube display kitchen produces world-class cuisine in a modern lodge setting. We offer a craft beverage program and an award winning wine list. The service is team oriented and exhibits strong communication skills and attention to detail.
Adaptability and flexibility are a must in any position at the Outpost, the right candidate will maintain a positive attitude in the face of challenges, will embrace the service culture of Vail Resorts, and maintain a sense of cooperation and support with the other outlets in the building.
Employees may be expected to work in other outlets in the building, as well as perform duties outside of their normal job functions.
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and boundless options for adventure and exploration, you can join a community who loves where they live and loves what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home; a place where friendliness, an eye for detail and unmatched guest service is the foundation of our Culture. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 205249