We can't help but smile when someone says "Sun Bowl." We can show you why. We came for the winter but stayed for the summer. We came for the summer but stayed for the winter. Some days we ski through lunch. Some days, lunch lasts all day. We love rosy cheeks, hot chocolate, chili, and beer. We laugh a little louder.We love to ski when the sun shines. We love to ski when it doesn't. The last run of the year is as sweet as the first. We are Family. We are Fun. We are Sunapee. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Can you be the energy source for your staff? Can you lead by example, because you love to teach skiing and riding? The Ski and Snowboard School Team Lead for Staff Training is a member of the Ski and Ride School leadership team: responsible for the quality assurance and overall staff education and development of the teaching staff. With guidance from the SRS Manager, this position is responsible for the job specific training, clinic content, developing the training schedule and assignment of staff trainers to lead clinics. This leader is also responsible for promoting workplace safety programs, conducting instructor on-hill observations to review product quality while offering feedback and participating in evaluations. Responsible for regular interaction with guests and staff to solicit feedback, may be called upon to resolve conflicts, and accommodate guest service. Works closely with other leads and supervisors in the Ski and Ride School and other departments as needed.
- Guest experience
- Ensure the highest level of quality in regards to private or group lessons and overall ski/snowboard school experience
- Responsible for implementing guest focused training and tactics to increase Guest Experience (GX) scores. Performance measured by meeting or exceeding GX survey metrics for Ski and Snowboard School.
- Employee experience
- Staff communication to include participation in daily morning meetings, monthly staff meetings, instructor messaging for company/department updates utilizing social media, e-mail, instructor messaging and morning meetings. Post training information regularly. Responsible for achieving or exceeding expectations in Employee Engagement Survey metrics
- Participate in Worker's Compensation reporting, facilitating mandatory safety training/clinics, incident tracking and communication. Oversight of staff members to ensure all safety compliance programs (on-line safety quiz, equipment check, park pass program, kids on lifts) achieve 100% completion rate. Performance measured by achieving or exceeding worker's compensation metrics
- Safety in regards to reviewing product quality and instructor performance and class handling, including monitoring of suggested and prescribed routes
- Conduct work place safety initiatives to include facilitating mandatory safety training/clinics, incident tracking and communication to reward the staff when safety and wellness goals are met.
- Drive company values and stated goal of Net Zero Footprint by 2030
- Work with SRS Manager to understand and implement training budget.
- Schedule and staff training clinics to maximize impact for investment in both time and wages.
- Understanding of our ski school-wide, resort-wide, and enterprise-wide business strategies. Strong ability to communicate the connection between those strategies and the priorities of instructors
- Lead team members in their professional development for teaching skiing and snowboarding to our guests. use ongoing communication, evaluation and feedback to our staff trainers and instructors,.
- Be a Role model and bring to life the company's values of; Serve Others, Do Right, Drive Value, Do Good, Be Safe and Have Fun
- Remain current with certification and membership of professional ski/snowboard organizations
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- Proficient in reading, writing, and communicating in English
- Minimum of three years as a full-time instructor or five years as a part time instructor for a recognized ski/snowboard school
- Considerable experience as an Instructor Trainer or Ski School Supervisor is highly recommended
- Current PSIA/AASI Level 3 and Children’s Specialist highly valued, PSIA-AASI Educational Staff or Candidate preferred.
- RPOS, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Social Media, Written Communication skills required
- Verbal communication in person and via telephone with guests, instructors and management
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 434170