Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Full Time and Part Time positions available for Non-certified instructors.
Park City Ski and Snowboard School is a high volume school with unlimited opportunities to work and train. We are focused on providing an exceptional experience for both the guests and instructors. You will work side by side with people all over the world who share your excitement and enthusiasm for life. Our extraordinary employees play an integral role in creating exceptional experiences that make Vail resorts premier destinations for travelers from around the globe.
Applicants who successfully complete the review process will be invited to participate in our Instructor Training Camp. During the Instructor Training Camp participants will: be evaluated on their ability to provide quality ski/snowboard instruction to groups and individuals at the beginner level, in a safe and fun manner; learn Park City’s preferred teaching methods, policies and procedures.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied terrain in high altitude, with varying winter weather conditions in a fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Clearly and accurately instructing assigned levels of skiing or snowboarding to students, both physically and verbally
- Assisting guests to load and unload the chairlift
- Communicating instructions and helping guests to their feet during a lesson.
- Working with guests of all ages and abilities
- When working with children: Supervising children in class at all times; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring return of children to identified guardian
- When working with children: Assisting in operational responsibilities of Ski & Snowboard programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High School equivalent education
- Successfully complete a 4/5 day training camp and observation day
- Capable of comfortably skiing/snowboarding on groomed blue runs
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to emergency and other unplanned situations
- Must be able to stand and walk on snow for extended periods of time. Must be able to bend and squat. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written)
- Must have good guest service skills
- Must have good communication skills
- Must work well in a team
- Must successfully complete the background check
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions
- Meet one of our flexible scheduling options
- Experience working with people
- Experience teaching/coaching
- Knowledge of Spanish language
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 181271