Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement is “Experience of a Lifetime”
Love what you do! Because that’s what we’re all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don’t miss the chance to work and play in BC’s winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you’ve got. #wbworklove
As a Whistler expert, you will book customized vacation experiences, lodging and activities, for the guests of Vail Resorts’ renowned Whistler Blackcomb resort via inbound calls from our contact center located in Burnaby, British Columbia.
You will use your outstanding sales skills and world class customer service to assist clients in booking complete vacation packages that are best suited to their needs, both on the phone and/or through the online chat service. This is an ideal opportunity for the self-motivated and enthusiastic individual who wants a career at the largest mountain destination company in the travel and hospitality industry.
Get Non-Traditional Perks, Benefits and Flexibility:
- Free ski pass for you and your dependents!
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family.
- Discounts on lodging, retail, food and beverage, mountain shuttles, bike haul & golf.
- Excellent training and professional development.
- Part-time and full-time position available.
- Flexible benefits program for all full time staff.
- Office located near the Brentwood Mall Skytrain stop in Burnaby.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Plan and book travel (lodging, activities, transportation and travel insurance) arrangements for clients from all over the world.
- Apply sales skills on each call, showing commitment to increase revenues, promote sales initiatives and meet monthly targets, by effectively using up-selling and cross selling techniques.
- Counsel clients on terms and conditions of travel or resort policies (ex. minimum stay, reservation policy and cancellations).
- Engage in first phase of problem resolution regarding client complaints.
- Embrace coaching and training as an aid to meeting personal and company goals.
- Participate in outbound calling projects as requested.
- Follow up on sales leads with previous clients.
- Report any discrepancies found on the intranet, related websites etc. to ensure accuracy and consistency of information.
- Compose and process thank you letters, e-mail confirmations.
- Participate in peer coaching.
Characteristics of a Successful Candidate
- Demonstrate Vail Resorts Core Values: Serve Others, Do Right, Drive Value, Do Good, Be Safe and Have Fun.
- Minimum 6 months of sales and service experience.
- Excellent communication and active listening skills, including the ability to speak, read and write fluently in English.
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with clients.
- Team orientated with the capacity to be self-directed and driven.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to learn and maintain knowledge of products.
- Computer proficiency, including ability to easily and efficiently navigate and toggle between multiple screens, talk and type simultaneously, and troubleshoot basic computer issues.
- Passion for and understanding of ski, resort and tourism industry.
- Knowledge and familiarity of Whistler Blackcomb.
- Tourism diploma or related education.
- Ability to speak additional languages (such as French, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese)
- The Call Center is open 365 days a year including weekends & holidays.
- Hours of Operation vary depending on time of year; shifts can be as early as 7:00am and as late as 8:00pm closing.
- All employees can anticipate a variety of day/evening, weekday/end and holiday shifts.
- Vacation time limited October-January, and must be available for work during Early Booking Sale in mid-November.
- Staff typically take Leave or extended vacation May – September.
- Full Time Staff (30-37.5 hours/week). We do try and maintain consistency with full time shifts, however there will be variable schedules around holidays and busy periods.
- Part Time (16-29 hours/week).
- Call Center environment – sitting at desk and on phone is required as part of work.
- If hired Training is mandatory, paid, full-time, weekdays and includes a Whistler Trip
- Training classes starting as early as April 27th.
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! (www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb).
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 211791