Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The PC Technician responsibilities include distributed systems hardware installation, maintenance and support, and the support of desktop operating systems, printing and application support. He/She will work closely with the IT team and users in Park City to meet customer expectations. The primary focus in this position is desktop operating system support.
- Configure and install PC's, laptops, wireless devices, printers, peripherals and other equipment to support enterprise business operations and future business growth and the movement and/or expansion of enterprise units. This will include support of remote locations and properties as well as on mountain support.
- Install Microsoft desktop operating systems as well as other desktop applications and systems to support enterprise business units as described by departmental policy. Applications include MS Office (and other MS applications), IBM Client Access and Resort POS. This includes working knowledge of Microsoft system policy and group policy in an enterprise environment.
- Responds to problem tickets and repair the malfunctioning equipment quickly. Provides support for PC technician operations and Help Desk operations on a daily basis. Support and troubleshooting of desktop operating systems is fundamental for this support role.
- Performs installations, relocation, and re-installation as well as any other related requests (Adds/Moves/Changes).
- Provides project management / tracking to insure the project and day-to-day work schedules are being met. Create, maintain and update documentation as needed for compliance with company computer related standards.
- Strong team working effort in project management and implementation is needed to ensure proper communication and coordination with all of IT and key departments.
- Performs at or above the Information Technologies performance standards. Fulfills departmental requirements in terms of providing work coverage and administrative notification during periods of personnel illness, PTO or education.
- Other duties as assigned
Schedule: Typical 5 day, 40 hour work week, with some schedule fluctuation, some after hours/overtime and nights or weekends or on call duties may be required
Wage: Depends on experience
- Must have at least 1 year of experience in desktop support and administration, minimum 3 years preferred
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Windows Desktop operating systems
- Understanding of basic PC and printer operation
- Basic understanding of network technologies such as ethernet, switched ethernet etc.
- Good interpersonal skills as well as excellent oral and written skills
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills are essential
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised
- Use of personal car may be required
- After hours support and maintenance, on-call duties and on-mountain work assignments are required
- Must have a valid Drivers License
- Some travel required
- Experience with HP, Dell and IBM hardware preferred
- Microsoft certifications preferred
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 235222