With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Snowboarding is a social sport, and as part of this team, you will be the direct connection between customers and our brand in your local community. We are passionate about riding, knowledgeable about our products, and above all, excited to share this passion and expertise with our customers. Our stores are designed to tell our compelling brand story, while offering a welcoming environment to experienced riders, beginners to the sport, and newcomers to the brand and lifestyle alike.
We are looking for a qualified Full-Time or Part-Time Supervisor. As a Keyholder, you will be responsible for providing each customer, whether they are a novice or a seasoned rider, with a great customer experience and will be expected to maintain a strong sense of product knowledge by providing customers and team members with in-depth information on product features and benefits.
What You Get to Do:
- Provide a superior customer experience for all Burton guests
- Support management in daily operations (opening & closing the store) and achieving store sales
- Contribute to sales goals by leading the team in sales results
- Maintaining store aesthetic by cleaning, stocking, organizing, and following merchandising plans.
- Comply with all Burton procedures in meeting sales goals and protecting company assets
- Take an active role in coaching, teaching, training, and developing team employees
- Staying up to date with our brand and product knowledge, company information, sales, and company-wide events. Truly becoming a resource to our customer base.
What You Will Bring to the Team:
- 1-2 years of Supervisor or sales lead experience or an equivalent role at a retail store is strongly desired
- 2+ years of customer service experience, preferably with a specialty or sales driven environment
- A positive, outgoing personality to bring the Burton passion to top levels
- Strong operational, organizational, and analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong knowledge and background of snowboarding products and their application
- Ability to proficiently operate a Windows based system, NewStore POS system experience preferred
- Passion for prototyping new ways of doing things, drive to challenge oneself, and a willingness to learn
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 344407