Seven Springs Mountain Resort is the premier four season family resort in the region! Seven springs offers employment opportunities in a diverse range of areas including ski instructors, adventure activities, food and beverage, culinary arts, lodging, housekeeping and many more. Join the team at Vail - make this resort your home-away-from-home. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The Assistant F&B Banquet Manager is responsible for supporting the banquets food and beverage department of Seven Springs. Exceptional guest service and delivery of quality food to our guests. This responsibility includes the complete management of the banquet's operation excluding the kitchen staff, in cooperation with the Banquet Manager and F&B Director. Day-to-day management includes but is not limited to; thorough set-up of banquet space, BEO review and editing, beverage ordering for banquets, adherence to banquet timeline, adhering to set-up guidelines on BEO, banquet staff management, verbal communication with banquet clients to ensure successful events, end of day accounting, thorough break down and clean-up of banquet space, interdepartmental communication regarding events.
- Support F&B Management Initiatives. Cooperatively manage all activities and staff of banquets to ensure smooth, successful events. Participate in training and education of staff to promote enhanced guest experiences. Assist with scheduling, supervising, coaching, and providing disciplinary action to all areas of staff responsibility. Assist with implementation of season opening and closing procedures of the event sites. Attending pre function meetings with clients when appropriate.
- Event Set-up. Ensure event space set-up and cleanliness. This includes: tables, chairs, dishware, flatware, crystal, stage, podium, dance floor, lighting, linens, outdoor furniture, bistro tables, buffet lines, bar areas, drink stations, display tables, room dividers, and basic decorations.
- Event Breakdown and Clean-up. Ensure proper breakdown and clean-up of events after the event, and the days after. This includes: bringing in all outside items into the tent, zipping up the tent, putting away all banquet supplies, washing floor, emptying trash, cleaning grounds. It is imperative to have event sites cleaned and ready to show to prospective clients the day following any event.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of the F&B department: chef’s core principles regarding food, menu item ingredients and preparations, cocktail ingredients and preparations, wine and beverage service, hours of operations for all outlets, club event details, location and levels of items needed for service.
- Be hands on. Support service staff, bartender, planners and guests during events. Assist BOH line with food expo to ensure timeliness.
- Display and enforce proper service etiquette to service team: maintain a sense of urgency, give warm greetings/farewells, no table stacking, no back handing, keeping water full, prompt greeting and order taking, efficient movement through event space, food and beverage knowledge, positive and friendly demeanor, anticipation of guests’ needs, compliance to guests’ needs, positive conflict resolution.
- Respect and Professionalism. Treat all coworkers and JHGTC staff from every department with respect, and maintain positive working relationships. Work closely with the Culinary Team primarily the Executive Chef and Banquet Chef. Communicate all changes, menu concerns, buffet set ups, service timing and special requests. When dealing with group client contacts, maintain a positive and professional rapport.
- Ordering and Inventory. Routinely check on levels of service items for banquets. Ensure that all FOH and bar items are ordered in a timely manner for events. Responsible for the total head count, beer, wine and liquor inventory for the function ensuring proper billing of all food, beverage and miscellaneous charges incurred for all banquet events worked.
- Previous F&B supervisory experience
- Point of Sale experience
- Excellent communication and people skills
- RAMP certification
- Ability to work long hours and varied shifts
- Previous fine dining restaurant experience
- Previous banquet experience
- Knowledgeable in wine service
- Experience training employees
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 435191