Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The location specific PSS Leader will lead a location specific PSS team and be responsible to execute the PSS strategy through strong operational excellence, workforce management and standardized service delivery. The role will report directly to the In Resort PSS leader and will be part of the in-resort PSS leadership team. The PSS location leader will be held accountable to delivering an Experience of a Lifetime for our Employees and Guests, which, in turn, will drive Vail Resorts growth and profitability around the world.??
In this capacity, the In Resort PSS location Leader will be focused on scheduling, hiring, onboarding, training, performance management, development, labor optimization, day to day operations, and guest service de-escalation. Location leaders will have regular communication and partnership with the PSS Resort Leader to provide continuous feedback and improvement for the execution of the strategy in resort.
- Understand and execute on the vision, strategy and roadmap for the evolution of in-resort Guest Service Delivery including people, processes and technology
- Foster a customer-focused environment and mindset to ensure delivery of an exceptional guest experience through all stages of the guest journey
- Develop and implement the processes and reporting necessary to manage a function and appropriate standards are in place to evaluate and optimize service delivery and service quality
- Through strong communication and listening, serve as a consultative partner to resort leaders and line of business partners (Ski School, Scanning, etc) to continuously improve and scale service delivery
- Monitor labor and service trends and identify opportunities for continuous improvement to enhance processes, increase quality and reduce operating expenses
- Create a high performing team and culture focused on value creation, delivering results, guest service and leadership development for career progression.
- Support the creation of an effective Guest Services organizational culture including partnership with peers.
- Develop a high performing team by increasing the high-potential employee mix and ensuring solid succession planning.
- Leadership qualities
- Trusted partner: possesses the technical expertise, business acumen, communication skills and good judgement to provide resort leaders with an objective and independent point of view on broader guest service issues. Has a proven track record of working well as a member of a team of leaders, an ability to influence major decisions through reasoned analysis, and good judgment about people and business issues. Able to constructively challenge and hold others accountable
- Leadership and management: demonstrated track record of leading, motivating, developing and assessing a team of high performing professionals. Leads by example, possesses a strong work ethic, is collaborative and embraces a passion and results driven leadership model. Has high self-awareness, is decisive and maintains authentic humility. Possesses energy, drive and an ability to execute. Is flexible, agile and resilient, and has the ability to adapt quickly in a rapid-paced executive level environment. Embraces personal leadership development, with an openness to stretch and pursue leadership range and flexibility.
- Passion for Vail Resorts’ business strategy and product.
- Approach & Behavior—cultural characteristics:
- Strong learning agility. Enjoys and excels in environments where they must tackle and solve new and increasingly complex strategic business challenges and issues—incorporating the newest ideas, technologies, and approaches to business.
- A brave, ambitious, and passionate leader who is comfortable in their own skin while also demonstrating a high level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
- A skilled communicator and relationship builder who takes a global perspective and is able to connect with all levels and areas of the organization around the world.
- Able to engender trust and respect quickly as an organizational leader who encourages autonomous leadership in her/his team and direct reports. A strong capability builder at both the organizational level as well as the individual level.
- Performance-driven and change-oriented leader who shows ingenuity and fortitude in overcoming obstacles to achieve a bigger impact in an increasingly complex business environment and competitive marketplace.
- Experienced team leader who continuously aligns team priorities, holds team members accountable to achieve their best performance, and coaches team members to grow and develop.
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- 1-2 years leadership experience, managing teams
- Proven ability to lead and inspire a team with a focus on team engagement and development
- Strong operational management capabilities and experience managing large delivery focused teams, both internal and external
- Ability to set strategic vision and operationalize the vision into an execution plan/roadmap
- Proven ability to make judgment calls and sound, ethical decisions displaying a heightened level of responsibility, confidentiality, integrity and professionalism
- Strong attention to detail and high work standards in support of accurate, flawless delivery
The budgeted range starts at $40,000 - $46,000. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 396768