Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Fine Dining Support Staff on Vail Mountain exemplify guest service excellence and have a commitment to exceeding guests' expectations. Menu knowledge, wine knowledge, executing service with high Vail Mountain Fine Dining service standards, having an interactive rapport with guests, and having a dedicated work ethic while working in a fast-paced and high end environment are skill assets that we seek within our staffs. Applicants may be considered for either expeditor, food runner or server assistant positions.
The 10th serves an upscale sit-down lunch daily, complete with a boot room for guests to enjoy slippers while they dine! Located at the top of Gondola One at Mid-Vail, The 10th is accessed either by ski-in and ski-out during the day or via Vail’s brand new high tech Gondola One. Modern. Alpine. Inspired. The 10th redefines classic alpine cuisine and elevates service to new standards in Vail.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Complete assigned opening and closing sidework duties.
- Obtain service area assignment at the beginning of each shift.
- May act as food runner by carrying out and accurately delivering food to guests in the dining room and maintaining the service window.
- Responsible for serving correct food to guests, using silent service, and assisting servers with dining room floor service.
- May act as Expeditor and coordinate plates and ensure plating accuracy.
- Expeditors must be knowledgeable of menu items and their preparations, proper table set up, and restaurant organization – expeditors have previously worked in restaurants and are fluid with food knowledge and kitchen etiquette.
- Have explicit knowledge of all menu items and their preparation.
- Bring bread, butter and water to table.
- Remove used tableware between courses and provide tableware for next course.
- Clear plates, glassware, and flatware from tables after guests have finished dining.
- Take soiled tableware to dish room and unload, sort and stack silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. in designated areas in the soiled dish drop off area.
- Between seatings promptly clean table tops and chairs. Check floor and clean as required.
- Quickly, efficiently and accurately reset and arrange tabletop.
- Respond appropriately to guest requests and accommodate their needs. Communicate guest requests to server as needed.
- Communicate with server and hostess to assure efficient seating, table utilization and customer service.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Ensures the presentation of every plate going into the dining room with the whole order to the correct table.
- Must be knowledgeable of proper table set up, menu and course descriptions and the restaurant organization.
- Must have a friendly and courteous attitude towards guests - required.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs - required.
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours - required.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays - required.
- Must be fluent in English - required.
- High school diploma or equivalent - preferred.
- Prior guest service experience - required.
- Previous restaurant experience, specifically 1 year minimum sit-down dining server - preferred.
- Must be available to work holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 26th through January 2nd, Presidents’ Day Weekend, and any other holidays as requested -required.
- ServSafe or Food Handler’s Card (or ability to obtain) – required.
Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
Discount lift tickets for friends and family
Free ski lessons
Daily $5 employee meal
Discounted lodging, food, gear, and mountain shuttles
Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions) after achieving 750 hours with the company
401(k) Retirement Plan employer contribution after achieving 750 hours with the company
Training and professional development
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 218887