Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
Are you looking to build a career as a financial analyst? Do you have prior experience in the accounting/finance industry? Would you like to help ensure that clients and guests of Grand Teton Lodge Company have a great experience? Are you interested in working and living in a national park? Are you looking for an Experience of a Lifetime? If you answered “Yes” to these questions, this position might be a great fit for you!
The Financial Reporting Analyst is responsible for supporting and coordinating the financial process for the Grand Teton Lodge Company, Flagg Ranch Company and Jackson Hole Golf and Tennis. This includes the preparation of daily, weekly and monthly reporting with explanation and investigation on revenue, cost of sales, labor, operating expenses and overhead. This position is also responsible for driving budget planning and forecasting as well as managing the company’s vault operations.
The primary responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the monthly close process including analyzing financials, preparing journal entries and providing insights into variances
- Prepare annual operating budgets in conjunction with department managers
- Prepare monthly forecasts
- Provide business support and ad hoc financial analysis
- Prepare and distribute financial reports to managers, including variance analysis and commentary
- Responsible for preparing daily budget and forecast spreads
- Manage, train, and supervise seasonal vault staff
- Manage company cash vault operation including monitoring cash deposits and reserves as well as overseeing distribution and auditing of operational banks
- Provide comprehensive cashier training to seasonal employees
- Oversee dues revenue recognition for Jackson Hole Golf and Tennis through monthly reconciliation of dues billing
- Responsible for auditing invoices and credit memos on a monthly basis to ensure accurate expenses and COS percentages
- Be a location accounting contact for VR Shared Service’s and location GMs
- Maintain a constructive working relationship with department managers
- Performs other duties as requested by management
The right candidate for this role will have the following minimum requirements:
- Previous Accounting/Finance experience
- Strong Microsoft Office Knowledge
- 6 months - 1 year hospitality experience
- Ability to speak, read and write English fluently, with strong oral and written communications skills
- Well organized, detail oriented, and able to handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently with moderate supervision; must be self-motivated and able to prioritize effectively
- Flexible, versatile and a fast learner, able to adapt quickly and maintain calm in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable working with internal and external guests, clients, partners, and associates at all levels
The following skills/experience are helpful but not required:
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with Delphi, V1, and/or CMS applications
- Previous financial analysis work
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 351627