Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts currently requires all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19
- Housing: Not Available
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time / Year Round 10 Month
The Mountain Safety Manager plans, oversees, and executes all facets of the Park City Mountain Safety program, which includes supervising, directing, and developing the Mountain Safety Supervisors and Mountain Safety Leads. Manages a staff of 40-50 Attendants. The Mountain Safety Manager recruits, hires, and manages the workforce to ensure correct staffing across the mountain areas of assignment, provides adequate staff safety training and focus, and oversees education and enforcement of the Skier/Rider Responsibility Code and Utah Ski Safety Act to employees, guests, and the broader community. This position is responsible for the administrative execution of the department, including budgeting, purchasing, time and labor reporting, and scheduling. The Mountain Safety Manager also assists the Ski Patrol Director with implementation of mountain safety initiatives and administrative duties as needed.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage all Mountain Safety programs and initiatives and communication of these programs internally and externally.
- Track and report guest contacts, handle guest questions and concerns, and oversee implementation of safety violator program.
- Provide exceptional guest service on Park City Mountain ensuring employees do the same by proactively greeting guests, determining guest needs and delivering an experience of a lifetime.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, and payroll of all Mountain Safety employees.
- Oversee the daily, monthly, and seasonal operations and strategy of Park City Mountain Safety, and represent Park City Mountain on the Best Practice Group.
- Train all employees to foster an injury free work place and manage workers compensation.
- Manage budgets, expenses, time and labor, and purchasing.
- Develop talent within Mountain Safety department, providing opportunity and feedback to the staff while identifying high potential employees for advancement in the company.
- Supervisory experience and strong leadership background
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Strong Guest Service Skills
- Mountain Safety or other Mountain Operations, Supervisor or Manager Experience - preferred
- Ability to assess, document, and deliver performance feedback.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Ability to navigate Vail Resorts management platforms.
- High School Diploma; College degree - preferred.
- Must be an advanced level skier/rider
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Vail Resorts has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement as a condition of employment, effective Nov. 15, 2021. We will provide accommodations or exemptions where legally required based on the relevant state and federal laws and regulations in each of our locations.
Requisition ID 444957