We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Volunteer Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb
Position Status: Full Time (35-40 hours/week). Seasonal positions can be differentiated from year round jobs as the have predefined start and end dates. These dates may vary due to seasonal business fluctuations.
A Snow School Specialist is expected to maintain a high level of guest service while registering and fulfilling reservations for Whistler Blackcomb’s guests. As well, be proactive in marketing to the public the services, programs, benefits, and qualities of Whistler Blackcomb and to ensure, by dispensing accurate information and generous assistance, our guests have an experience of a lifetime.
What you’ll be doing:
- Reflect at all times Whistler Blackcomb’s commitment to first-class service by being a high-profile ambassador of Whistler Blackcomb.
- Provide accurate information to our guests as it pertains to all aspects of Whistler Blackcomb’s operations.
- Sell all programs available at Whistler Blackcomb and offer guidance in regards to Snow School programs, lift and pass products, & rentals appropriate to the needs of our guests while being pro-active in selling.
- Complete walk-up and daily fulfillment tasks for guests who have booked online.
- Ensure safety and waiver protocol is followed accurately for all guests.
- Work closely with the Snow School, and the Retail/Rental teams, to be better able to assist guests in these areas alongside assisting these departments during high-volume times.
- Understand all functions of Guest Connect to be able to fully perform all duties expected of the position.
- Communicate with co-workers any information they may need to provide a better service to our guests.
- Handle all inquiries and complaints in a professional and competent manner employing a win-win attitude
- Effectively organize your day in order to complete all assigned tasks.
- Be responsible for accurate daily cash-outs and vault deposits.
- Cleaning and organizing sales area on a daily basis, whilst following printer cleaning duties assigned by the Lead Hand/Supervisor.
- We are a company that works together and throughout the season you may be required to assist other departments as needed.
- Demonstrate our core values: Serve Others, Do Right, Drive Value, Do Good, Be Safe, Have Fun, and Be Inclusive.
- Always show up on time, in uniform, and adhere to the grooming policy!
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player, enthusiastic, positive attitude.
- Previous experience in sales and guest service.
- Previous cash-handling experience.
- BC Driver’s License and Drivers Abstract an asset
- Previous computer experience, with computerized sales and reservations systems experience an asset.
- Minimum 30 words per minute typing.
- Second language is an asset
- Keen to learn new skills, open-minded, and self-motivated.
- Required to complete a satisfactory criminal record check
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts with a Volunteer Opportunity!. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join us, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 344527