Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Vail Resorts is always looking for great talent. Although our resorts and offices are currently closed to protect the health and safety of our employees, applications are still being accepted. Hiring will resume as soon as normal operations resume.
The Loss Prevention Officer is responsible for Safety and Security of the Lodge at Vail Resort, colleagues, guests and owners, as well as property assets.
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Detects potential sources of security and safety hazards, responds to emergencies, handles complaints, investigates and compiles reports in a professional and hospitable manner.
- Monitor CCTV and FLS (fire, life, safety) systems.
- Maintain accurate records while performing daily duties including camera monitoring, shift activity, guest and employee incidents.
- Resolve difficult guest situations in a professional and hospitable manner.
- Must be able to communicate with management and colleagues in an effective and professional manner.
- Must be able to maintain a calm and professional demeanor during various situations.
- Must be able to work all shifts with minimal supervision.
- Required to work day shifts incliding weekends and holidays.
- Flexible Schedule.
- Must be able to learn quickly to work in various situations.
- Attend to all Bell and Valet duties as needed.
- Record all meter reading for engineering.
- Fulfill all housekeeping and in room dining requests as needed.
- High School Diploma, Tech or Trade School. -required
- Basic computer skills. -required
- CPR and First Aid certification. -preferred, training available.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook. -required
- Must be able to communication effectively and tactfully in English, both written and verbal. -required
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. -required
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time. -required
- Must have a valid driver’s license. -required
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, weekends and holidays. -required
- EMT certification. -preferred
- Previous Law enforcement, security, EMS and/or fire experience. -preferred
- Previous experience in security or loss prevention. -preferred
- Conversational Spanish or other languages helpful. -preferred
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 194167