Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
The Retail Supervisor is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per company standards, generating sales, merchandising, and safeguarding company assets. Acts as store department lead and helps ensure the department had appropriate inventory levels.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Serves customers by establishing rapport, building customer confidence, providing accurate information, and promoting product through point of successful sale
- Act as a mentor who can train and lead a sales team with effective communication
- Establish professional, yet personalized rapport with customer upon contact; by phone or in person
- Answer all questions, providing detailed information, and establishing trust with the customer to close of sale
- Describing and promoting product in line with customer's express needs as well as promoting purchase of related products
- Ensure pricing is accurate and current including any and all promotions
- Stocks shelves, counters, or tables with merchandise
- Promote extended warranty/maintenance agreements, parts and accessories purchase
- Monitor sales trends and help balance inventory between stores
- Register access to ring up
- Previous retail sales experience - required
- Maintain a working knowledge of products and trends within the industry
- Previous snow sport industry experience - preferred
- Ability to communicate fluently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English - required
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; including nights, holidays and weekends - required
The budgeted range starts at $22. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 450650