Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Summary: The Front Office Team Lead provides guidance and leadership to the Guest Service Assistants ensuring consistent quality customer service is delivered. The Front Desk Team Lead will resolve customer complications and complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation and determining the most effective solutions. They will make decisions and take action based on good judgment and SOP's. This position will assign and instruct Guest Service Assistants in details of work, observe performance and encourage adherance to standard procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Welcome guests in a warm, friendly, prompt and professional manner.
- Oversee the registering of guests, issuing of room keys, providing information on hotel services and room location, and processing payments for stay and all guest room move request according to Operating standards.
- Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner with a pleasant, energetic voice
- Plan and implement upgrade strategy for all next-day arrivals.
- Utilize all guest profiles and names, and provide preferences accordingly.
- Follow and monitor proper cash handling procedures outlined in the bank contract and training manual.
- Distribute mail/messages/faxes following SOP
- Perform the daily tasks according to Resort Standards, and those set forth by the Manager on duty.
- Maintain a high level of professional apperance, demeanor and ethics in dealing both with guests, co-workers and subordinates.
- Act as the Manager on Duty when necessary and carry out the duties required of a manager.
- Assisting the Manager on Duty with guest issues and requests.
- Assist with training new and existing front desk agents on the check in and check out procedures adhering to standards and ensuring quality service.
- Supervise the day to day front desk operations including the check in and check out procedures; ensuring rooms have been checked out and that guest's bills are correct.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests passing by.
- Conduct site tours of the hotels guest rooms and general areas as needed.
- Handles confidential information, including guest records, with a high degree of integrity.
- Participation in training classes
- Complies with all Resort policies, procedures and standards of operation.
- Ensures the department leads the charge in regard to recycling efforts and environmental initatives.
- Ensures that the Front Desk is kept tidy and clean at all times
- Assist all other departments as needed to ensure a smooth operation
- Assists the Shift Manager with the daily room assignments
- Communicates all received Feed Back to the appropriate Managers and updates the Guest History
- Other Duties as assigned
The budgeted range starts at $13.00 - $19.50. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Crested Butte is the untamed destination at the end of the road. We are confident in who we are and what we seek; pure, wild nature. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and demonstrate our untamed, intrepid grit in our everyday actions. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 317367