Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Vail Resorts is looking for a Senior Manager of Compliance to lead the Compliance Operations function, reporting to the Sr. Director of Compliance. This individual will be responsible for executing the compliance operations strategy and developing and implementing sustainable and scalable enterprise-wide programs including, but not limited to, the policy management and compliance education and communication programs. This individual will also be responsible for effectively leading and tracking compliance metrics and quarterly reporting. The Senior Manager of Compliance will lead ethics and compliance culture initiatives to enhance the Company’s ethical culture and embed compliance into business operations.
- Prepares and executes on a prioritized list of initiatives for each fiscal year
- Oversees planning and implementation of initiatives working with operational units to ensure timely and on budget completion
- Leads project teams in planning and implementing initiatives, on time and on budget
- Develops the Policy Management strategic plan and manages all program aspects including system design and implementation, program governance and policy standards and life-cycle management
- Drives proactive communication of policy changes with internal stakeholders.
- Develops, implements and maintains Legal, Compliance and Ethics policies to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Manages and implements the Compliance Training Strategy and 3-Year Training Roadmap
- Works with a cross-functional team to build and maintain an effective and innovative Compliance & Ethics Training and Awareness program that focuses on maintaining and improving a culture of integrity and mitigates compliance risks
- Creates reports and/or dashboards for Senior Management concerning the Compliance Program
- Drives behavioral change management to ensure program and system adoption across the enterprise.
- Proactively builds and leads effective and practical tracking of compliance initiatives, completed compliance plans, and ongoing compliance through the GRC tool or other appropriate means.
- Conducts horizon scanning of new legal and compliance policy and regulatory requirements and works with business partners to build strategies to implement regulatory changes across the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least seven years in a compliance, audit or business process consulting role required, with at least some portion of the time spent in a corporate audit, compliance or legal department
- 10 years of strong program and project management experience including experience with change management and incorporation of business needs and practical realities into systems and process (preferred)
- Experience leading multi-functional teams with members that are not direct reports
- 2 years’ experience and success in supervising and motivating other professional staff
- Clear and concise oral and written English language communication skills
- Excellent ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Practical and creative problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Strong executive “presence” and the ability to quickly gain the confidence of clients, enhanced by a strong sense of team and outstanding people skills.
- Integrity and commitment to the highest ethical standards and personal values, including proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple assignments and prioritize work assignments as needed to meet client needs.
- A high level of passion and self-motivation.
- Recognized compliance certification or the equivalent a plus.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience working in Teams and SmartSheets a plus
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 206528