Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Classification: Year Round
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Park City, UT
The Conference Services Manager coordinates and oversees facilities, food & beverage for banquets, conventions, meetings, bus groups, and other special functions held in Canyons Village at Park City Resort. Meet with prospective clients to plan events, book events, and prepare written contracts and menu quotes. Work in conjunction with various departments within the resort, which includes Ticket Sales, Equipment Rentals, Ski Lessons, Entertainment, Decor, Food & Beverage, Transportation, and a variety of outside vendors as needed.
- Respond to initial inquiries on services and facilities available.
- Responsible for assuring the risk management policies are followed for all outside vendors working at events as assigned.
- Perform various bookkeeping functions, initiate and process financial documents related to operating budgets, revenues, and accounts receivable; monitor financial activity, organize and maintain financial records, prepare related reports.
- Compile a variety of information for regular and special reports and in response to specific requests by the client, supervisor, or other staff members.
- Oversee and monitor events as appropriate: handle special needs and resolve special problems, such as extra guests, no-show employees, incorrect food or supply deliveries, security services, equipment failure, outside vendor coordination, etc.
- Monitor food and service quality, ensure proper health and safety procedures are followed.
- Supervise staff assigned to special events and monitor overall job performance and guest satisfaction.
- Carry out various special assignments such as preparation of floor plans, fulfilling licensing requirements, etc.
- Confer regularly with various internal departments and external vendors to plan, coordinate, and evaluate services, activities/events, resolve problems, etc.
- Deal regularly with a variety of outside individuals/organizations, including clients, potential clients, vendors, state liquor licensing and health officials; Represent the Grand Summit Hotel and Park City Resort to a variety of regional and national hospitality groups.
- Train and oversee the work of junior staff members.
- Additional tasks as required.
- Associates degree in hotel/restaurant management, business or other appropriate field.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in hotel operations, sales, and/or event management.
- Broad base of knowledge and skills in food service management, including menu planning, cooking/food preparation operations, dining room set up and service, wine service, ordering, staffing, pricing, and budgeting.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Excellent financial planning and analysis skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of company personnel as well as clients and outside organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and/or Delphi applications preferred.
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 209440