Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- RSP Options (after 12 months or 2000 cumulative hours of service)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Outlet: Squamish
- Squamish is located 45 minutes north of Vancouver and 45 minutes south of Whistler along the Sea to Sky highway.
- Starting Wage: $20/hour
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full & Part Time / Year Round
- The store is open Year Round, 7 days a week.
What you'll be doing:
- Serving customers by establishing rapport, building customer confidence and providing accurate information
- Establishing professional, yet personalized rapport with customers upon contact; by phone or in person
- Answer all customer questions, providing detailed information including features and benefits of the product
- Describing and promoting products in line with customer's express needs as well as promoting purchase of related products
- Stocking shelves, counters, or tables with merchandise.
- Striving to exceed daily and seasonal sales targets; use upselling and add-ons to increase your sales
- Handling guest complaints, returns and exchanges in a friendly and courteous manner
- Be prepared to help our guests with a variety of questions and requests
What we're looking for:
- Ability to demonstrate our core values; safety first, striving to be the best and showing that we care
- Must be available to work weekends
- Passion for Mountain Biking would be advantagous
- Previous retail sales experience - selling to meet sales targets
- Experience working in an outdoor and/or retail outlet is an asset
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure
- Positive, energetic attitude towards and customer focused
- Must be discrete and professional at all times
- High attention to detail
- Required to complete a satisfactory criminal record check
The budgeted range starts at $20. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 455267