Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Adventure Park Team Lead
As an Adventure Park Team Lead your role is to provide Epic guest service as you supervise your leads and staff in guiding our guests through adventures on the Alpine Coaster, Zip Lines, Alpine Slide and other amazing summer activities. The Alpine Coaster is an elevated roller coaster track where our guests race down the mountain reaching speeds up to 25mph. The Alpine Slide is an over 3,000 feet long thrill ride down the mountain filled with dips and banked turns. Our other activities include family friendly experiences such as the Bungee Trampolines, Climbing Wall, Mini Golf, Kid’s Tubing, and Kid’s Ropes Course. The Adventure Park Team Lead will assist in supervising all aspects of daily operations with an emphasis on: safety, guest service, and efficient operation of all Summer Activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be a Leader: Supervise the activities team in adherence to service standards, maintaining a safe work area and activity, efficiently performing daily operating procedures and equipment inspections, managing staffing levels, adapting to changing business needs, providing timely breaks, keeping the team’s energy high, and providing rewards and recognition for our high performing staff.
- Be a Trainer and Coach: Train employees to provide a high level of proactive guest service in all guest interactions. Constantly evaluate employee performance and provide timely, effective coaching. Maintain accurate training records. Conduct performance evaluations at mid and end of season.
- Have Fun: Supervise your team in providing experiences of a lifetime to our guests and fellow staff members. Reward and recognize your staff and proactively work to keep the team energy high all season.
- Be Safe: Oversee and assist in building, performing maintenance, and repairs for designated activities as needed. Work with maintenance team to ensure a high level of safety and efficient operation of activities. Supervise the daily opening and closing procedures of activities. Ensure accurate and timely completion of inspection logs.
- Serve Others: Make personal and long lasting connections with your fellow employees and with your guests while sharing your love of outdoor adventure. Engage with our guests and receive guest feedback and special requests. Provide on the spot resolutions and elevate guests’ experiences through our Epic Service Solutions Program.
- Do Right: Act with integrity – always do the right thing, knowing it will lead to the right outcome. Proactively communicate with Activities Managers to drive improvements in the department. Set clear expectations with your leads and staff, and coach them respectfully to ensure their success.
- Drive Value: Be a positive advocate for Park City and the high quality experience and service we provide to our guests. Adapt staffing levels to changing business levels. Provide timely breaks and monitor staff rotations. Adhere to an operations plan that supports the budget and controls costs while ensuring a quality guest experience.
- Do Good: Help keep our mountain clean and looking good. Help our guests enjoy what the great outdoors has to offer, and they may become life-long advocates for our mountains.
- Stay Flexible: Ours is a dynamic work environment. You’ll have a variety of tasks to do every day, and every day will be a new adventure. Be willing to perform all other tasks as assigned, and be flexible if changes are made to improve the operation.
- Previous leadership experience.
- Previous guest service experience in an outdoor environment.
- Previous operations or mountain activities experience.
- Basic construction knowledge and ability to use hand tools.
- Ability to converse clearly and comfortably with a variety of guests and staff. Familiarity with Park City and Park City Mountain preferred.
- Experience working on and leading a team in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability and willingness to perform physical labor. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and be able to lift at least 55lbs.
- Basic computer skills and strong organizational skills.
- Must be at least 18 years old. High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License & Satisfactory Driving Record (in accordance with VR Drivers Policy)
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 301517