If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
This is the application to fill out ONLY if you are a PSIA (or international equivalent) certified instructor. During the interview process we will determine whether you are best suited to the adult or children’s Ski and Ride School.
Working as a certified instructor is your gateway to a unique lifestyle in the mountains. Whether you are here for a season or for a lifetime, you will have the opportunity to connect with people from all over the world, build new friendships, and enjoy the tremendous personal satisfaction that can be gained from working with guests and helping them succeed. Working at Heavenly will help you access all the opportunities that Vail Resorts provides across the US and the world.
We have positions in both the adult and children’s programs.
It is essential that you keep yourself and your guests safe, have fun and help people reach their goals.
We will provide training to help you keep moving through the certification process.
You will be expected to teach guests in groups and as individuals, in a safe and fun manner while following all company guidelines and providing our guests with their “experience of a lifetime”.
- Keeping yourself and your guests SAFE at all times and in all situations.
- Providing exceptional guest service at all times through sharing your passion for working with people and skiing/riding.
- Upholding the highest levels of safety (both yours and your guests) on varied terrain in high altitude, with varying winter weather conditions.
- Clearly and accurately instructing assigned levels of skiing/riding to guests, both physically and verbally (you’re going to have to explain and demonstrate to guests what they need to do).
- Ensuring that guests are matched to the appropriate skill level and working with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary.
- Assisting guests with transportation of equipment.
- Assisting guests to load and unload chairlifts.
- Communicating instructions and helping guests to their feet during a lesson; this may involve lifting children by the vest (if applicable).
- Supervising children in class at all times; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring return of children to identified guardian (when working with children).
- Assisting in operational responsibilities of the Ski & Ride programs including but not limited to the registration process, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities.
- Must be willing and able to teach children.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Must be a PSIA certified ski/SB instructor (or international equivalent).
- High School or Equivalent Education.
- Ability to attend all mandatory training sessions.
- Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and browser applications; basic internet navigation.
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written).
- Must have excellent guest service skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must work well in a team.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Must successfully complete a Criminal Background Check.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment.
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions.
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends.
- Knowledge of Heavenly and South Lake Tahoe.
- Previous experience teaching both adults and kids in both group and private settings.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish.
- Ability to teach both skiing and snowboarding.
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 380407