Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Health & Safety Manager Vail Resorts Retail (VRR) will plan, oversee and document all aspects of Health & Safety at VRR enterprise-wide. S/he will work closely with Health & Safety leadership, Resort Health & Safety, All Retail and Rental Corporate and Field Operations, Distribution Centers, VRR Merchants, Legal and HR to create, build, implement and sustain key Health & Safety Initiatives. S/he will scope & estimate potential programs for initiative development, and, for approved projects, ensure that the scope and direction is on schedule and budget.
- Support the Health and Safety vision to be the Best in Class Health and Safety function within the Retail/Rental and Travel and Leisure Industry.
- Contribute to the overall strategy of the Health & Safety function by anticipating business challenges and implementing best-in-class retail and rental specific H&S program/ project solutions.
- Engage with the VRR COO and all VRR operations on Health & Safety priorities including but not limited to: Operations, Distribution and merchants that are related to VRR’s success
- Work collaboratively with Health & Safety professionals in Mountain Division, Hospitality and with Operations, Legal and HR to accomplish collective goals and objectives.
- Maintain good communication between project team members and key stakeholders. The ability to operate and influence in a matrix environment without having authority is critical to success in this role. Execute projects according to project plans; monitor timeline traction and critical risk indicators, making adjustments as needed to ensure successful implementation of the project while remaining on time, within budget and at the required level of quality.
- Drive change programs. Oversee and advise resort functions on implementation and sustainment of programs/projects/initiatives.
- Integrate third parties, as required, into project plans and execution, e.g., monitor & hold accountable.
- Develop talent on the Health & Safety Team and identify potential in others
- Engage with local, state and federal officials as necessary to support Health & Safety Compliance and Best Practices
- Other duties or tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in safety, environmental, public health, legal, risk management, HR or related experience
- 5+ years’ experience successfully planning and executing large & small-scale projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including project management software, Visio
- Previous experience in incident management and regulatory/compliance software
- Proven experience leading a team to achieve objectives in a matrixed environment
- Experience successfully leading and implementing change
- Experience accomplishing objectives through others
The budgeted range starts at $60,000 - $73,450 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
We offer a variety of professional career opportunities at our corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado. Our corporate headquarters team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more about positions at our corporate office. Visit www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 293908