Seven Springs Mountain Resort is the premier four season family resort in the region! Seven springs offers employment opportunities in a diverse range of areas including ski instructors, adventure activities, food and beverage, culinary arts, lodging, housekeeping and many more. Join the team at Vail - make this resort your home-away-from-home. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The Ski and Ride School Manager oversees and is responsible for the overall guest experience of the Ski and Ride School (SRS) at Seven Springs Mountain Resort. This is achieved through the leadership of our Ski and Ride School staff and monitoring the quality of our overall Ski and Ride School experience to ensure exceptional guest experience, alignment with our resort and company goals, financial success, and the development of our future products and programs.
- Lead the SRS team in hiring efforts, professional development of all employees and direct oversight of SRS adult & children’s programs including child care
- Provide feedback and connect employees with appropriate training, growth and leadership opportunities
- Hold a high standard of operation and guest service while monitoring quality of overall SRS products to ensure exceptional guest experience, alignment with Resort and Company goals, financial success, the development of future products/programs
- Financial management of all operations, including budget and product development
- Provide guidance to Skier Services Director on approach, processes and metrics to maximize profitability
- Create and implement an operations plan to manage the SRS business which includes consideration of SRS revenue opportunities, labor ratios management, expense control and the quality guest experience
- Work with Skier Services Director and Supervisors to ensure responsibility for the quality of products and services for the guests
- Work with Sr. Managers across departments to support and achieve quality, financial, and safety targets
- Provide guidance for training to create and implement a plan and monitor the quality of training
- Communicate effectively across department to ensure staff training matches the intended outcomes and program coordination is smooth with all operating groups
- Stay current on guest and employee health and safety regulations, including MSDS standards, universal precautions, child abuse guidelines, temporary background checks, emergency evacuation and lightning procedures
- Know and model the school teaching system and guest service guidelines and be prepared to lead clinics and teach the public when necessary
- Actively seek information about industry trends, competitions, and events, and remain involved with professional organizations including ISIA, PSIA/AASI
- Effectively communicate with staff, co-workers, leaders, and guests
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years in the industry
- Previous experience of managing a minimum of 100 people.
- Must have current Ski/ Snowboard Instructor certification
- MS Office, including Teams
- 5 years as a full-time ski/snowboard instructor/supervisor
- PSIA/AASI Level 3
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 443351