If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The One Ski Hill Place/Crystal Peak Lodge team is seeking a hands-on Director of Rooms to lead our team in delivering services and experiences of a lifetime to our homeowners, guests, and employees. The ideal candidate will bring diverse prior experience in hotel and HOA environments. They will articulate a commitment to personalized guest service and leadership growth that is demonstrated through progressive career advancement across a range of property responsibilities.
The Director of Rooms will coordinate property operations to maximize homeowner and guest satisfaction and loyalty through ensuring associate behavior and facilities lead each of our guests to feeling welcomed, important, comfortable and relaxed. This individual will be responsible for ensuring the property adheres to VR and RockResorts brand standards, manage financials by adjusting operations to stay within prescribed budgeted guidelines while delivering only the highest levels of guest and employee service. A comfort level with public speaking in a variety of situations is a must. The Director of Rooms will oversee property operations through the HOA agreement as well as Vail Resort management of front office, housekeeping, and spa departments.
- Provide daily oversight and support to operations managers and employees through HOA and VR.
- Analyze systems and operational procedures to drive property efficiencies and implement new systems when needed.
- Responsible for daily monitoring of rooms inventory, rate and plan availability and preparing reports of room availability and revenue generated.
- Constant monitoring of financials. This requires communication and accountability with Revenue Management and Area Financial Expert.
- Plan, develop, implement, evaluate and maintain owner and guest services commensurate with the level required of VR and RockResorts.
- Maintain product and service quality standards by conducting periodic inspections, investigating complaints, and initiating corrective action.
- Serve as a contributing member of the HOA management team, Leadership Committee, revenue management team, and other operational meetings as needed
- Review all project schedules, purchase requests, purchase orders coordinating operations to follow staffing and operating expense budget and forecast requirements
- Provide monthly profit and loss analysis along with adjustments to appropriate operating forecast with achievement of annual property and HOA budget as ultimate goal
- Review all schedules, purchase requests, and purchase orders to achieve budget and forecasted labor and expense targets and appropriate staging levels for optimal guest service. Represent Front Office and Housekeeping in the pre- and post- convention meetings and communicates needs to proper departments.
- Responsible for the hiring, training and performance management of the rooms and spa departments. Focus on developing the leadership team through commitment to the VR Talent Philosophy.
- Maintain all required brand cleanliness, facilities condition and service standards throughout guest rooms and property facilities.
- Conduct daily stand up meeting for hotel leaders and ensure line up happens for AM and PM shift for bell and front desk.
- Integral member of the hotel leadership team.
- Actively involved in the weekly ROCS meetings and driving the revenue strategy, including owning inventory adjustments that are needed to achieve maximum RevPar
- Partner with GM on leading HOA board and annual meetings
- This position will act as General Manager in their absence.
- Job Responsibilities apply to both One Ski Hill Place and Crystal Peak Lodge
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Hotel Management - preferred
- Minimum of 5 years in the lodging industry-required
- Minimum of 3 years of hotel management- required
- Experience managing department financials – required
- High level of professionalism and emotional intelligence – required
- Experience with PeopleSoft - Preferred
The budgeted range starts at $67,000 - $81,150 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 433948