Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Summary of Job:
We are looking for an experienced Front-End Web Development Manager to be responsible for leading a team of full-time and contract Front-End Web Developers throughout all stages of the application lifecycle. Directly supporting our digital products and services across consumer-facing web, mobile, mobile app, e-commerce, SMS chat bot, and the broader marketing technology space; the ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. By leveraging a strong front-end development background, this individual will design and develop front-end architectures that use modern coding techniques, are maintainable and scalable, and integrate seamlessly with our back-end architectures. Ultimately, the ideal Front-End Web Development Manager will have strong leadership qualities, be able to provide guidance and support to developers and business stakeholders, develop a strong partnership with the Back-End Development Manager, and be able to understand and assess new marketing technology initiatives. The Front-End Web Development Manager reports directly to the Director of Digital Technology within the Marketing Technology IT team.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Team Development: Takes ownership for team’s development by understanding individual aspirations and development areas; coaching employees on their development plans.
- Front-End Architecture: Responsible for planning and executing front-end solutions that are scalable, maintainable, modern, and of high quality. Working closely with the Back-End Development Manager to ensure front-end solutions align with the back-end architecture and Sitecore content management system.
- Hiring and Onboarding: Responsible for hiring full-time front-end developers and contractors. Identifies high quality talent and places individuals in the right roles.
- Project Assessments: Working closely with the Back-End Development Manager, Product Owners, Business Analysts, and other project stakeholders to provide detailed task breakdowns and assessments for conceptual projects.
- Project Workshops: Contribute to project workshops as the front-end subject matter expert. Collaborate with the workshop teams to help shape the user experience.
- Code Reviews: Ensure developers are following best practices, development standards, and delivering high quality solutions with minimal bugs.
- Resource Planning: Working with project managers to assign the right person to each project and adjusting resources accordingly as project needs change.
- Project Support: Deliver all portfolio of committed projects on-time, within budget and of high quality. Helping projects to be successful by taking on development tasks when appropriate and helping developers work through challenging technical issues.
- Connections: Inspire trust and build strong relationships across locations, functions, business units, and levels across the enterprise.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- 7+ Years of web development experience
- 2+ Years of web development management experience
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, Vue, and jQuery.
- Experience with front-end build tools such as Grunt, Gulp, and Webpack
- Experience with CSS preprocessor languages such as Less and Sass
- Experience using source control technologies, specifically Git
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs using AJAX
- Experience integrating with server-side rendering solutions and content management systems
- Experience with Windows and Visual Studio
- Good understanding of SEO and ADA principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Solid understanding of the web application lifecycle
- Technical curiosity and willingness to explore beyond your experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize and manage own time, multi-task and switch contexts
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 213308