Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Intermediate Cook is a Line cook in fast paced culinary environment. Will prepare food according to standardized recipes and portion controls. Will assist in prepping all kitchen lines and re-stocking the lines, as necessary. Help to receive food and dry goods for the kitchen and properly account for such deliveries. Keep all coolers and walk-ins neat and clean. Properly store/cover all food items and rotate products for freshness. Help the Chef(s) maintain all par levels for the kitchen(s).
- Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times. Follow the Resort Etiquette Guidelines while interacting with the guests and respond to all guests in a courteous, efficient manner.
- Supervise and assist with setting up and stocking work areas with all necessary food, supplies and equipment.
- Supervise and assist with the preparation of various hot foods, such as cooking basic sauces, soups and vegetable dishes; butchering meats, poultry and fish.
- Supervise and perform a variety of more complex cooking tasks, such as sautéing.
- Supervise and assist with the proper plating of dinners.
- Oversee a variety of other basic food preparation tasks, such as the cleaning and cutting of fruits and vegetables, preparing of individual portions of side dishes and desserts, slicing of meats and cheese, and the like.
- Ensure that foods are maintained at proper temperatures for serving.
- Ensure that established health and safety procedures are followed.
- Monitor all foods for quality of taste, texture and appearance
- Monitor all food production methods for cost and time efficiency
- High school diploma or equivalent. -required
- Culinary degree/certificate. -preferred
- Previous culinary experience. -required
- Previous experience cooking for multiple outlets. -preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English. -required
- Ability to communicate in Spanish. -preferred
- Current certification in state Professional Food Handler Program. -preferred
- Must be able to ski or ride beginner/green terrain - required
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. -required
- Must be able to stand and walk briskly for up to 8 hours. -required
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including weekends, holidays, early mornings, afternoons and evenings. -required
The budgeted range starts at $13.25. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
Crested Butte is the untamed destination at the end of the road. We are confident in who we are and what we seek; pure, wild nature. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and demonstrate our untamed, intrepid grit in our everyday actions. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 316447