Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Classification: Year Round
Job Type: Full Time
The Vail Resorts Retail (VRR) Staff Accountant III is an integral part of the month end, quarter-end and year-end close processes. Responsibilities include preparation of monthly billings, journal entry preparation and review/approvals of journal entries prepared by other finance and accounting individuals. Account reconciliation and monthly balance sheet fluctuation analysis. The VRR Staff Accountant III will ensure accuracy of account billing in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal controls. Special projects and additional ad hoc reporting and analysis as requested. Additionally, the VRR Staff Accountant III team is the point of contact for all AR questions and dispute resolutions. Acquisition integration support and special projects as requested. The VRR Staff Accountant III interfaces with management and collaboration with both internal teams and outside partners.
- Monthly preparation of wholesale billings
- Month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close management
- Journal entry preparation and review/approval
- Balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis, including foreign currency conversions
- Balance sheet fluctuation analysis
- Compliance with SOX requirements
- Business license filings and maintenance
- Project work, including billing process improvement and other support
- Additional ad hoc reporting and analysis as requested
- The ideal candidate will possess strong accounting/finance knowledge, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities.
- A Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance is required, will make considerations for those working towards their degree.
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years accounting experience is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products is essential and knowledge of the PeopleSoft financial system is a plus.
- This individual must be a self-starter with a drive for excellence, able to build strong working relationships throughout the organization, and a proven ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 206488