Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
The Ski and Snowboard School Supervisor is a member of the Park City Ski and Snowboard School Management team. The primary responsibility of this role is to supervise front-line aspects of Park City Ski and Snowboard School Products under the direction of the Location Manager. This position works directly with the Product Manager to deliver our guests the Experience of a Lifetime.
- Direct Supervision of Ski and Snowboard instructors
- Mentoring, observing, coaching, delivering feedback and evaluations of instructors
- Assign daily tasks and make all lesson assignments for instructors scheduled to your work area each day.
- Regularly assess the performance of instructor staff
- Work with Management Team to develop a culture of Health and Safety
- Be proactive to provide superior guest service at all times (internal and external)
- Ensure all staff are following company and departmental policies & procedures
- Collection and submittal of payroll information
- Build a working knowledge of RPOS, including specific Ski School Tools, Report Modules and Pro Connect
- Monitor and adjust staffing levels at the direction of the Product and Location Manager(s)
- Administer appropriate record-keeping and reporting systems
- Lead special activities, maintain facilities and assist in training as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- PSIA/AASI Level I Certification (or foreign equivalent)
- Excellent personal skills to assist with Guest Service scenarios
- Strong Skiing or Snowboarding skills, must possess the ability to Ski/Ride most terrain in order to appropriately respond and travel to on hill situations
- Desire to work with and relate to adults, children, parents, and employees
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and supervise others
- Demonstrated ability to perform and multi-task in a high paced, variable environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Windows-based applications and internet-based software
- Two years relevant proven leadership experience in a related field, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired
- PSIA/AASI Level II or III Certification
- Experience with RPOS or RTP
- Able to withstand lengthy exposure to cold and inclement weather
- Able to sit at a computer for extended periods of time
- Physical strength and ability to respond appropriately to emergencies and other unplanned situations
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 331810