Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Channel Analytics team is responsible for: using a data driven approach to inform marketing decisions, monitoring business trends, launching enterprise multichannel high impact tests, measuring guest behaviors, ensuring the highest data quality and maximizing channel effectiveness across the organization. Channel Insights assesses the impact of CRM, Media, Digital, AB Testing / Personalization, Social, Direct Mail, and AI marketing efforts to develop insights & reporting to inform channel marketing decisions across guest segments and line of business strategies. The team is at the center of insight-driven strategic decision making across the entire enterprise and is a key strategic partner of each key Line of Business (including Season Pass, Paid Lift Tickets, Ski School, etc).
Vail Resorts is looking to hire a Sr. Manager of Channel Insights. As the Sr. Manager of Channel Insights you will lead supporting a team of high performing analysts to monitor the effectiveness of our Media, Email / Text, Digital eComm, and MultiTouch Attribution based marketing performance, while also providing recommendations for improvements, and help drive strategy through partnership with our individual channel team on optimizations.
Your involvement in marketing includes producing detailed ad-hoc analysis as required by the business leaders, ensuring recurring analysis is conducted correctly and in a timely manner, developing new analytical approaches for more effective analysis and identifying trends in the macro marketing data.
You will be responsible for helping understand specific marketing efforts which include overall performance across our entire web ecosystem, while combining views to understand how CRM, Media, Social, and Natural Search channels impact our overall key performance indicators.
This role will also measure the effectiveness of guest-facing marketing tools, including mobile applications and chat interfaces.
This individual should have a proven track record demonstrating drive, ambition, business acumen, and emotional intelligence. Strong presentation skills and an aptitude for condensing large amounts of data into a meaningful story are critical, and the role requires the individual to balance a service-driven approach to support with an honest and independent assessment of marketing effectiveness.
Why this role is special:
- Vail Resorts is an incredibly fast-growing company at the forefront of the Travel and Tourism industry – redefining the ski industry in the 21st century
- Leveraging analytics is a core pillar of Vail Resorts’ strategy moving forward – a critical driver of our success leading to a strong willingness to invest
- We are a data-driven business with a digital, email and media tracking construct unmatched by any other company in the industry – a great foundation for building out analytic use cases and leverage our channel data to drive our business forward.
- The opportunity to take our capabilities to the next level – driving key channel and insights, leading our analytical capability development, and having significant impact on the business
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Digital Marketing, Analytics, Business, Technology, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics) required
- 3-5 years prior marketing analytics, digital analytics, or other campaign analytics experience.
- Forward thinker with excellent teamwork, communication, analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills are essential. Must be able handle multiple projects simultaneously and coordinate across multiple functions within an organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated success working with very large data sets, developing tools for streamlined analysis and creating reports that succinctly summarize complex concepts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, adjusting message to audience.
- Knowledgeable of digital tagging constructs including Google Analytics and / or Adobe Analytics.
- Highly collaborative approach and open communication style.
- Developed knowledge of multiple Adobe systems (Adobe Target / Adobe Audience Manager / Adobe Campaign) a plus.
- Expierence with Nielsen Attribution for MultiTouch Attribution a plus.
- 2-3 years team management experience specifically focused on analysis / business consulting.
- Experience with media, email or digital analytics platforms and datasets required (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Flashtalking, Krux, LiveRamp SalesForce, Exact Target)
- Experience with data processing and visualization tools required (SQL/Alteryx/Tableau)
- Knowledge of hypothesis testing and other statistical methods a plus
- Hospitality or travel industry experience helpful but not required
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 206373