Mount Snow makes everyone feel like family, guests and employees alike. With consistent, high-ratings on the friendly staff, why wouldn’t you want to join the camaraderie? Join our team and help us share ultimate mountain adventures with our guests. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The Lead Bartender is responsible for ensuring that all resort guests have the highest quality beverage/bar experience possible while maintaining a profitable department that is environmentally responsible. This position will also follow the brand standards from the beginning of the service cycle through the entire process. This position will alos exhibit strong beverage/wine knowledge and is professional and gracious while enhancing the guest experience through outstanding service skills. The Lead Bartender will also be held accountable for inventory, beverage costs and for supervision of the staff and restaurant in the absence of a manager.
- Outlet: Harriman's
- Shift Availability: Full & Part Time
- Housing: Currently Available
- Other Specifics: Tipped
- Handle all opening and closing duties required to properly operate any resort bar, service bar, or banquet bar. Ensure that all stocking is done
- Responsible for knowing all table numbers and point seats for proper ringing in of orders
- Capable of multi-tasking and working at a fast but throrough pace
- Responsible for various administrative tasks including maintaining par levels, submitting daily/weekly orders, and coducts inventory, nightly reports and paperwork.
- Consistently follow the steps of the service cycle as outlined in the brand standards
- Ensure that all important information is communicated to all Food and Beverage departments and staff
- Demonstrate great wine/liquor knowledge and ensure that all state liquor laws are being adhered to
- Adhere to all state health regulations
- Adhere to uniform standards and be professional and productive through entire shift
- Attend daily pre-shift huddle to learn important daily information
- Supervising breakfast and dinner shifts as well as banquet functions as needed
- Other duties and specail projects assigned
- Job Requirements
- High School degree or GED
- Minimum of 2 years experience as bartender in upscale restaurant or bar - preferred
- Current certification in a nationally recognized program of responsible service of alcohol (TIPs certification)
- Certified Food Handler's Permit - required within 30 days of start date
- Experience in beverage supervision - preferred
- Inventory experience - preferred
- Ability to read and respond to complex correspondence with English proficiency
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have at least 2 years of cash handling experience - preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch and be on your feet for up to 8 hours
- Postitive attitude and strong work ethic are a must
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 439149