Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
Share an amazing experience. Provide quality ski instruction to groups and individuals in a safe and fun manner. Deliver the highest levels of guest service and safety on varied terrain and in varying weather and high altitude.
- Instruct assigned levels of skiing using PSIA-AASI progressions.
- Ensure that students are matched to appropriate skill level and work with supervisors/managers to make appropriate class changes when necessary.
- Provide a safe and fun learning environment through exceptional class handling and creativity.
- Attend morning meetings.
- Be able to discuss the lesson content and evaluate the progress of the lesson with the guest.
- Assist guests in loading and unloading the chairlift and help guests to their feet during a lesson.
- Strong teamwork with coworkers
- Be able to make complete decisions based on weather conditions, terrain and temperatures.
- Supervise and assist the children in your class at all times including lunch and snack times.
- Ensure return of children to identified guardian.
- Assist in operational responsibilities of Ski programs. This includes: registration process, Meet and greet guests, setup and tear down of outdoor teaching areas and basic cleaning of facilities.
- Be willing to perform occasional duties with other departments (e.g. scanning, food & beverage, lift operations).
- Arrive to work on time prepared for all duties.
- Strong intermediate skier, who can make parallel or linked turns on blue terrain
- Availability to work holidays and weekends
- Fluency in English language, both verbal and written
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring
- Previous ski instructor experience
- Experience working with children
- Bi-lingual in Spanish
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and boundless options for adventure and exploration, you can join a community who loves where they live and loves what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home; a place where friendliness, an eye for detail and unmatched guest service is the foundation of our Culture. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 178139