Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Guest Service & Sales Agent is part of the Product Sales & Services (PSS) Department and will be responsible for providing excellent customer service and sales of lift tickets, season passes, ski school, and/or Adventure Ridge Activities. As a PSS Sales Agent, you will receive a high level of guest interaction and will be the face of Vail! This position will require a person who is committed to providing Vail Mountain guests with an Experience of a Lifetime through outstanding customer services and properly pairing products with the guests’ needs. The Guest Service & Sales Agent is responsible for learning and mastering departmental best practices. This position requires full knowledge of our products and services and is responsible for collecting guest information. We are looking for guest service oriented individuals who are positive, outgoing, operate with a high level of integrity, have a high level of computer proficiency, like to have fun, have a passion for the outdoors & Vail Mountain products, are well disciplined, and take pride in their work.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Deliver outstanding guest service
- Ability to learn, understand and effectively communicate with the guest about multiple product types and can easily adapt to changing pricing and product offerings.
- Accurately and efficiently process sales of products while capturing guest data and engaging with guests
- Work on a computer with a high degree of accuracy and efficient speed.
- Must be able to interact with guests and work on a computer at the same time.
- Make suitable recommendations on products to meet the guests’ needs and the business objectives.
- Ability to handle high volumes of customer interaction while delivering exceptional service; internal & external.
- Creating a fun and professional work experience while communicating in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Professionally assist and follow through with resolution of guest complaints; handle concerns and suggestions.
- Perform daily sales and closing and be held responsible for your end of day point of sale audit.
- Follow company/department policies and procedures.
- Participate in resort and departmental trainings and development courses.
- Position will require cross-training and staff may work in all areas/locations of PSS.
- Indoor and Outdoor positions, at times with a rotating mix of both environments.
- Take initiative to perform duties which facilitate operations and maintain cleanliness of your work area while paying attention to detail.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- High school diploma or equivalent - required.
- Proficient on Microsoft applications and/or POS software - required.
- Ability to communicate fluently and effectively in English - required.
- Typing skills with an emphasis on data collection - required.
- Ability to answer questions and speak intelligently about all resort products - required.
- Fun, outgoing personality traits - required.
- Take timeliness and deliverable tasks seriously - required.
- Must be able to work alone or with a team - required.
- Ability to develop a quick rapport with clients - required.
- Ability to stay calm in busy and stressful situations - required.
- Prior experience with (resort) POS software - preferred.
- Experienced and/or conversational in a foreign language - preferred.
- Previous guest service experience - preferred.
- College Degree – preferred.
- Cash handling experience - preferred.
The budgeted range starts at 12.32. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 286047