FTYR benefited position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist controller for all ski & golf and lodging related revenue on a daily, weekly and year to date basis.
- Assist controller with interviewing and hiring of Auditing Staff.
- Train auditing staff with regard to tickets, lodging, spa, ski school, food service, race, pre-sales, and nursery. Also responsible with regards to training staff with up to date auditing and reporting practices. Biweekly income statement and GL report distribution.
- Review daily audits of Lodging, Spa, Food & Beverage and Skier Service Sales in the winter and Golf in the summer.
- Provide assistance to Controller for any requested special projects deemed necessary.
- Maintain Accounting audit safe, change orders and disbursement of house banks.
- Reconcile all credit card deposits with reported amounts; correct and solve any problems that may arise. Interact with credit card companies regarding all charge-backs, disputes and customer fraud.
- Intermediary between accounting and all other departments with regard to questions or inquiries about reclassification, budgets, etc.
- Assist with processing of:
- Perform day to day auditing functions.
- Data input.
- Assist with general ledger reconciliations.
- Perform various assigned tasks/projects.
- Reconciles report discrepancies and problems.
- Knowledge of all responsibilities of Auditor, which include but not limited to:
- Audit daily Telski revenue and Skier Visit, Golf round and Spa Visit reports.
- Maintain computer files of all revenue reports and labor reports.
- Audit bank deposit and credit card sales summary reports.
- Answer question concerning sales that arise
- Perform field bank audits on varying revenue generating entities.
- Special projects and audit work as required by management.
Directly supervises 2-3 employees in Auditing. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include assisting Manager with interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Understand specific tasks so as to efficiently use staff accordingly to complete projects in a timely fashion
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and/or minimum one year related experience. Supervisory experience necessary. Accounting experience preferred.