Crested Butte is the untamed destination at the end of the road. We are confident in who we are and what we seek; pure, wild nature. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and demonstrate our untamed, intrepid grit in our everyday actions. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Responsible for the planning and oversight of day to day operations in the Lift Department (both Lift Operations and Scanning). Manage role expectations, personal accountability, discipline, coaching of staff, safety, guest service, training and excellence in operations. Administrative duties including but not limited to scheduling, payroll, and purchasing.
- Fulfill all responsibilities directing dept. functions—procurement, PeopleSoft, payroll, scanning, scheduling, discipline, etc.
- Encourage a safety culture within the department to achieve the goal of zero work related injuries.
- Use Enablon software to create reports. Follow proper procedures when notifying Health and Safety and Mountain Manager.
- Oversee all aspects of Lift Operations training. Conduct and/or delegate the documented daily and weekly safety meetings.
- Ensure all Team Leads are holding their Leads accountable with their tasks to provide duty free breaks and lunches.
- To oversee proper opening procedure and maze set-up. Responsible for CPTSB, ANSI and company “Best Practice” compliance at all lift stations and mazes.
- Train and supervise Scan Team to maintain a high scan percentage and ensure guests have valid products to access lifts.
- Maintain team’s level of professionalism and standard of excellence according to our guest service expectations.
- Correctly coach and discipline when needed. Work closely with Manager to complete all documentation.
- Make certain that all lift logs, sign sheets and training documentation are properly completed and filed.
- Communicate problems to peers and directors, while showing initiative in handling routine and emergency matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Five years’ experience in Lift Operations or equivalent operations/leadership experience.
- Minimum two season of previous Lift Operations Leadership experience.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Have advanced ski/snowboard ability
- Be able to lift 50 lbs., climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, stand, walk, push, pull, grasp, feel, hear, see, repetitive motions. Must be able to adhere to an early morning start time.
- Be able to work in all weather conditions and altitude.
The budgeted range starts at $43,000 - $49,450. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 399947