Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Instructor will provide quality ski or snowboard instruction to groups and individuals in a safe and fun manner while upholding all Skier Safety Act rules/regulations and Company guidelines. Upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied terrain in high altitude, with varying winter weather conditions.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Clearly and accurately instructing assigned levels of skiing or snowboarding to students, both physically and verbally.
- Ensuring that students are matched to appropriate skier/snowboarding skill level and working with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary.
- Provide a safe and fun learning environment through exceptional class handling and creativity using our teaching handbook as a guide.
- Assisting in operational responsibilities of Ski & Snowboard programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source or lesson meeting place, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas and cleanliness of facilities.
- Attend morning meetings.
- Must be able to discuss the lesson content and evaluate the progress of the lesson with the guest.
- Must have high level of guest service skills and experience.
- Assisting guests with transportation of equipment.
- Assisting guests to load and unload the chairlift.
- Communicating instructions and helping guests to their feet during a lesson.
- Arrive to work on time prepared for all duties within job description.
- Able to work cooperatively with staff and other departments to ensure safety, security and enjoyment of our guests.
- Knowledge and awareness of the environment. Must be able to make sound decisions based on weather conditions, terrain and temperatures.
- Supervising children in class at all times; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring return of children to identified guardian (children's instructors only).
- Must be willing to perform occasional duties with other departments (e.g. scanning, food & beverage, lift operations).
- High school diploma
- Minor computer skills in order to operate browser
- Fluency in English language, both verbal and written
- Strong intermediate skier or snowboarder, who can make parallel or linked turns on blue terrain
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate effectively to groups and individuals as assigned
- Must work well in a team
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends
- Must be willing to adhere to the Vail Resorts policy of wearing an approved helmet at all times while teaching
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring
- Previous ski or snowboard instructor experience
- Experience in working with children
- Bi-lingual in Spanish
As a premier, world-class resort in the Catskills, guests at Hunter Mountain can expect the ultimate ski experience with service to match. Join us and become a part of a team who takes pride in providing the best of what the mountain has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 343288