Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Are you an experienced server looking to gain experience in a resort style restaurant? Are you a team player with a strong focus on excellence? Are you interested in working and living next door to Grand Teton National Park? Are you looking for an Experience of a Lifetime? If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, this position is great for you!
The Server position is expected to perform all duties necessary to support the food and beverage vision of JHGTC: exceptional guest service, delivering quality food to our guests. We expect that you get to know our members and guests, making each individual feel welcomed and appreciated. This is a summer seasonal position. Our season typically runs from early June through the middle of October. Discounted housing provided.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Friendly and Accurate Service. Greet guests with a SMILE. Adhere to steps of service at all times, and strive for the best tailored guest experience. Serves and removes food according to service procedures.
- Timeliness. Promptness to work and time effective interactions with guests.
- Attention to Detail. Set tables according to specifications, table maintenance during meal, re-sets tables after use. Thoroughly completes side work duties in order to set up team members up for success.
- Maintain Cleanliness and Organization. Work clean and in an organized manner, even when busy.
- Positive Attitude. Maintain professionalism and graciousness, even under high stress.
- Be Hands On. Practice full hands in, full hands out. See dining room as an entire section, not just your tables, help your fellow teammates.
- Respect. Treat all coworkers and JHGTC staff from every department with respect and maintain positive working relationships.
- Comprehensive Knowledge of all Aspects of the F&B Department: chef’s core principles regarding food, menu item ingredients and preparations, cocktail ingredients and preparations, beverage service, hours of operations for all outlets, club event details, location and levels of items needed for service.
- Shift Flexibility. Be available to work a variety of shifts a week; lunch, dinner, banquets.
- Promote JHGTC. Be conscious that you are an advocate for the business at work, and outside of work. Provide suggestive upselling where appropriate to enhance the guest experience.
The “must haves” for this position include:
- Previous casual fine dining serving experience
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Passion for guest service
- Able to work long hours and varied shifts
- TIPS certification
We prefer that you additionally have the following skills / experience, but it is not required:
- Knowledgeable in wine and beverage service
- Point of Sale experience
Before you apply, visit http://www.gtlc.com/employment for detailed information about housing and other information you will find helpful.
Come golf where nature plays in the shadows of the Tetons. Our team is dedicated to providing a one of a kind golf experience for members and guests alike. Help us create the excellent playing conditions, player services, amenities, and delicious food that make us the locals' club. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. With spectacular views and a great location between Grand Teton National Park and the town of Jackson, the Jackson Hole Golf & Tennis Club offers an amazing place to live and work in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 325091