We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Volunteer Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
This person is responsible for providing the experience of a lifetime in all facets of their work. They are responsible for managing the daily front of house operations of the facility. They will be reporting to the Fine Dining Manager and will oversee up to 40 employees.
Our fine dining restaurants Steeps Grill & Wine Bar and Christine’s are located at the top of Whistler & Blackcomb Mountains. Steeps Grill and Wine Bar is open 6 months per year, and is a food primary licensed establishment for 127 interior seating. It is open for Lunch 11am-3pm. Christine’s is open 6 months during the winter and 2 months during the summer, and is a food primary licensed establishment for 127 interior seating, open for Lunch 11am-3pm.
- To continually strive to exceed our Guest’s expectations
- Provide hands-on leadership and direction to a wide variety of positions.
- Assist with ordering and all inventory controls
- Assist with employee training, development, and communication.
- Provide quality control on all products and services.
- Scheduling and labour controls.
- Promote a fair, harmonious work environment.
- Assist with preparation for catering and special events.
- Ensure fair and consistent disciplinary action.
- Views all aspects of their business unit through the eyes of a guest and deals with cleanliness that contravenes basic standards. Is unable to walk by garbage, unsightly areas, and uniforms or objects without providing or arranging immediate needed attention. Coaches others around to do the same.
- Assumes ownership of their business unit’s equipment as if it were their own.
- Strict compliance to Food Safe and HACCP regulations is a non-negotiable.
- Deliver on expectations of Safety and Food Safety plans and initiatives that deliver at the high standard that reflects the values of Vail Resorts and as required by law/regulation.
- This person is a steward of the environment and takes ownership of WB and Vail Resorts Zero Waste initiatives providing company-wide leadership for the network.
- Delivers guest service that reflects industry leading standards for the international restaurant industry and reflect the high expectations of Vail Resorts guests.
- Supports and delivers partner and strategic alliance relationships in their business
- Acts on Customer Satisfaction Metrics (Mystery Shopper and GX) to evaluate and optimize Net Promoter results against established targets, and understands results and re-enforces consistent standards and to reflect best practices company-wide.
Management Key Success Factors:
- Demonstrates and leads our Core Values: Be Safe, Do Right, Do Good, Have Fun, Drive Value, Serve Others, Be Inclusive
- Demonstrates and leads our Leadership Competencies: Drive, Out Front, Re-imagine, Develop, Connect, Passion
- Take on new responsibilities in an evolving leadership and business environment.
- Seeks to generate revenue opportunities by creating new, and enhancing current businesses.
- This person has their finger on the pulse of employee morale.
- Knows how to maximize the current experience and incessantly seek out the experience of a lifetime for our employees and guests.
- Makes personal and professional growth possible for all employees.
- Instills pride in the team and encourages members to feel proud about their accomplishments.
- Understands and leverages experience and service benchmarks in the leisure/hospitality industry.
- 2-4 years high volume Bar / Restaurant Managerial experience
- WSET 2 or 3 an asset
- 1-3 years supervising staff.
- Post-secondary education in Hospitality or Business management or related field an asset
- Must have B.C. Serving it Right http://www.servingitright.com/index.html
- Employment in this position is conditional upon the satisfactory completion of Background and/or criminal record checks.
- Previous cash handling experience
- Previous computer experience with Word and Excel
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be highly organized
- Must be able to motivate staff members and be a team player
- Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts with a Volunteer Opportunity!. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join us, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 343177