Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The VIP Travel Coordinator will play a vital role in the positioning of the The Hythe as a new luxury resort in Vail, Colorado, and requires a minimum of 2 years reservations or sales experience, preferably in the hotel industry. This position is based on property.
The VIP Travel Coordinator works with the Regional Director of Leisure Sales, Revenue/Reservations Community and the Operations teams to grow leisure revenue while aligning with the strategic direction and tactical implementation of the leisure sales operation.
As the primary reservations contact for our valued travel partners and their VIP guests, this role requires exemplary service and relationship building skills, as well as the ability to multi-task administrative responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Outlet: The Hythe
- Starting Wage: $17 per Hour
- Effective October 2022 minimum wage will be increased to $20/hour
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time
- Skill Level: Intermediate
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate all reservations inquiries from travel partners and book reservations while upselling premium inventory, promoting on-property ancillary spend and providing an elevated level of customer service to the travel partner and when needed, the guest directly. Expert on all travel programs and offerings.
- Build relationships with the resort’s preferred partners and act as a liaison between the partner, DOLS and on-property departments as needed.
- Ability to plan and perform site inspections, while customizing presentation of the resort to the partner’s travel program, needs and wants and perform appropriate tracking of information uncovered during the tour as well as any follow up requested.
- Utilize MRDW reporting system to track and monitor production for designated leisure travel partner segments, upcoming and consumed.
- Create and maintain SOPs, training documents and implement systems for internal and external distribution of travel partner pricing, promotional offerings, inventory details and renovation updates.
- Maintain accurate pricing and promotions through 3rd party extranets, channel managers and the GDS for wholesale and travel agent programs.
- Assist with creating and executing of VIP Programming which may include VIP amenities, airport transfers, dining, spa and golf reservations and other activities. Act as the luxury concierge desk assisting travel agents & their guests during pre-arrival, check-in and throughout the length of stay.
- Coordinate activities, information, meetings, sales missions, travel itineraries and conferences for self and DOLS as requested.
- Prepare and administer proposals, agreements, contracts and all work related to project proposal/contract administration.
- Organize and update travel agent and VIP databases on a regular basis.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 year undergraduate degree in relevant field (Hospitality, Sales and Marketing, Business, Communications)
- 2+ years experience in one of the following: Sales and/or Marketing position, travel industry, hospitality, or event coordination
- Above average proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to read and comprehend complex correspondence. Ability to effectively present detailed information both verbally and in written form to employees, managers, executives and guests.
- Valid US Driver’s License
- Excellent communication skills
The budgeted range starts at $22.00. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 433807