Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement is “Experience of a Lifetime” Love what you do! Because that’s what we’re all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don’t miss the chance to work and play in BC’s winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you’ve got. #wbworklove
The Lost and Found Coordinator is tasked with all things lost property for both Whistler and Blackcomb mountains during the winter season only. Our Lost and Found room in G1 Rentals will be the primary location, and the organization of this room is vital for this role. The Coordinator will accept lost items, log the items on our system and organize items handed in. The Coordinator will also assist guests in need of lost and found related queries. Additional duties would include; driving a Whistler Blackcomb Vehicle for errands, collecting lost items, organize shipping for found items and assisting the operation of guest services courtesy dry cleaning service. The dry cleaning service is offered to guest's whose outerwear has been damaged, and injured skiers equipment among other administrative duties.
Within the Product Sales and Scanning Division, part-time is considered 16-32 hours per week, full-time is considered 30-40 hours per week. With this role we are looking for a commitment of 3-5 working days. Position commitment: February 2020 – April 2020. This position is split between indoor work located next to the Village Gondola, and driving to other base locations for Lost and Found/dry cleaning pick up.
- Organization of the lost and found room - Date, itemize, and log all items handed in
- Log valuable items on Chargerback.com (Lost and Found website)
- Assist guests who have lost items, log details of items on chargerback.com
- Organize the return of items to guests
- Organize shipping items back to guests no longer in resort
- Assist with Dry cleaning pick up drop off (daily)
- Pickup lost and found from other locations (daily)
- Respond to voicemails, or emails from guests pertaining to lost items
- Assist patrol with injured skier’s equipment by storing gear until the injured skier can collect.
- Log stolen equipment and advise guests on the next course of action.
- Keep items well organized which are ready for pickup.
- Diligent in ensuring the items are being returned to the correct owners
- Other duties as required by Supervisors/Managers
- Supporting our Ticket and Sales Pass team through peak periods
- Valid BC Driver’s license
- Positivity and eagerness to assist our guests with lost items
- Competent using Computer systems.
- Competent using professional email communication
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Able to work effectively alone for extended periods.
- Strong communication skills - ability to facilitate the return of lost items from other departments on mountain
- Honesty and integrity when handling Lost and found property
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 204890