Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Job Classification: Year Round
Job Type: Full-time
The Senior Manager of IT Support Center team will be responsible for establishing the vision, leadership, strategy and development of the IT Support Center team. The role will be responsible for all aspects of the IT Support Center support services across the portfolio of Vail Resorts properties. The IT Support Center is a geographically disperse team of up to 25 support agents and administrators, processing over 100,000 requests annually. As the leader of the IT Support Center team, the individual must gain a deep understanding of how the business organization works, what the drivers for success and key challenges are. The individual must translate this understanding into a clear roadmap to manage and balance transactional operations, day-to-day relationships, and strategic demands. This talented individual will work cross-functionally to drive innovation, develop processes, procedures and data driven metrics to ensure effective support and analysis for our technology ecosystem.
The successful candidate will have a solid technical background, strong project management and financial acumen, demonstrated ability to drive change through a broad information technology organization and experience leading a growing international service-oriented IT Support Center function.
This position reports to the Director of Infrastructure: Field Services and IT Support Center and will be a key member of the IT Infrastructure Leadership team.
- Passion: Demonstrate an unyielding passion for the employee experience, culture, mission and vision. Lead by example and inspire others to follow.
- Embody and demonstrate enthusiasm that is contagious and creates a motivating environment.
- Empower team members and develop talent through coaching and evaluation of performance, and alignment to corporate professional development program and company growth
- Make interactions with the IT Support Center an exceptional “Experience of a Lifetime” for our employees and guests.
- Drive: Develop and drive the ownership and accountability of the IT Support Center team in support of business objectives and supporting IT initiatives.
- Able to facilitate multi-disciplinary strategic discussions with senior business and technology leaders combined with strong, clear and concise communications skills
- Provide leadership to the IT Support Center team to ensure successful implementation of key initiatives across the enterprise eco-system.
- Provide project/program facilitation and oversight; facilitate agreement on objectives and success measures, provide overall project/program issue resolution and roadblock removal.
- Partner with Information Security, IT application teams, Core Infrastructure team & Business Leadership in execution of a roadmap that aligns with our Business Strategy.
- Connect: Inspire trust and build strong, authentic, productive relationships within the organization and with key stakeholders. Effectively engage and collaborate with leadership across the organization to develop, define and build on innovative ideas and business priorities.
- Acts as a role model for developing and maintaining positive, collaborative relationships with all constituents including business and IT peers and leaders.
- Engage broadly and deeply across the organization to quickly connect information and people to drive enterprise projects, programs and initiatives.
- Partner with stakeholders to understand their drivers and needs, and use that knowledge and those relationships to drive effective prioritization and roadmaps for delivery.
- Develop: Create an environment of continual improvement both inside and outside of direct team.
- Empower team members and develop talent through monitoring and evaluation of performance, alignment to corporate professional development program, and company growth.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and develop as a self-starter requiring little direction. We are looking for someone who shows the potential to do more and is a natural leader.
- Be a Producer of Talent with individuals on your team and across the organization.
- Out Front: Anticipate the needs of key leadership and facilitate as well as motivate those around you to identify solutions that both improve and advance business objectives
- Maintain an external network to ensure our organization continuously analyzes new technology, trends, innovations, etc. and ensures our strategy and priorities stay appropriately aligned.
- Provides expert recommendations based on strong front-to-back understanding of existing systems and frameworks combined with a strong understanding of emerging technologies.
- Be curious about our business and seek to understand our strategy, business practices, and projects.
- Re-Imagine: Bring new ideas, methods, and approaches to Vail Resorts and this role. Leverage own expertise to challenge the status quo and drive decisions and actions necessary to improve our business processes and related technology.
- Fundamentally re-imagine the current IT Support Center service delivery model to better meet the company’s expectations and growth
- 5+ years of supervisory and leadership experience, and relevant work experience, including proven ability to successfully lead and oversee critical projects and cross-functional initiatives
- Ability to drive strategy, vision, direction, and prioritization on enterprise-wide projects and programs at the leadership level
- Manage initiatives from concept through to completion, including the development and presentation of a business case
- Demonstrated experience building collaborative partnerships at every level of IT and the business
- Experience with one or more support center technology, such as, ACD, workforce management agent productivity tools, and quality management tools.
- Experience with workflow automation configurations, system account administration and modern service desk management
- Developing tools, dashboards, and data driven reporting of application, infrastructure and/or support center services
- Experience implementing and adhering to various control frameworks and regulatory compliance programs, particularly PCI and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Business, Technology or related field
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of key concepts in ITIL, SDLC, DevOps, automation and ITSM
- Strong vendor and contract management leadership
- Mature business financial acumen regarding operating and capital budgeting models
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 213468